GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 35

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Why can’t United play like I do in FIFA? They would be up 7-0 now.

Also everyone needs to calm down about OGS. It’s definitely not him that’s the problem here. It’s the fact that we have 5 players that should be playing week in and week out and the rest are ****.

The major issue was that the team was not trained in the pre-season for the type of football OGS wants them to play. Their legs began to run out and movement on the pitch became slower and slower. Ever since the last international break, several key players, like Pogba and Rashford, have completely disappeared.

Reactions: Gecklund

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
How long will Ole last then? November?

I realize this site is is filled mostly with hot takes these days but far too early to make such assumptions. A good summer at the transfer market, properly trained squad in the off-season for the kind of football OGS wants them to play and then we'll see what the result is on the pitch.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Gary Neville "absolutely furious" that OGS had to apologize to fans who made the trip. Really burying the players on Sky Sports for the their lack of effort. Whole studio doing the same. Louis Saha found the players lack of effort disturbing at half time and still can't believe there was no change.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Huge opportunity for Arsenal today, especially with that Man U loss. Time to grab some separation

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
They might drop back, it they still beat Chelsea and Arsenal in the FA cup, beat Leicester away, and drew Liverpool.

He’s also still deeply hamstring by the squad. Smalling and Jones were his starting CBs today and he plays a system that requires effective 1 on 1 defending.

Was he the right hire? Who knows. As you said a real DoF is the biggest need and I think OGS can manage a squad well when he has some different players.
Can he? He was awful for Cardiff by most accounts. He’s a club legend (a bit loose of an interpretation) but what managerial record shows he can cut it for a club that big?

He’s only there because he’s a club great and a club legend wanted him. Heck, he’s so deferential to SAF he wants to leave him a parking space. He wanted him to give the pregame talk. Those players won’t respond to that. The only people who will are the supporters and they won’t care if he can’t win.

His honeymoon was great. But now the rubber will meet the road, and I’m not sure he’s the one I would want to try and overhaul that club.

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Maybe Solskjaer is good enough, probably not, but what is definitely not good enough is the quality of players that Manchester United are fielding. Despite spending a lot of money, they are a 5-7 club in terms of quality.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Can he? He was awful for Cardiff by most accounts. He’s a club legend (a bit loose of an interpretation) but what managerial record shows he can cut it for a club that big?

He’s only there because he’s a club great and a club legend wanted him. Heck, he’s so deferential to SAF he wants to leave him a parking space. He wanted him to give the pregame talk. Those players won’t respond to that. The only people who will are the supporters and they won’t care if he can’t win.

His honeymoon was great. But now the rubber will meet the road, and I’m not sure he’s the one I would want to try and overhaul that club.

He got the caretaker job largely because of his past with the club, yes. He got the permanent job because United were on a run of form that had them beat two other top 6 clubs away in the FA cup, beat Spurs away in the league, advance past PSG in the CL (on a undeserved pen or not, they still did it), and during that stretch that lasted just over 1/3 of the season they had the most points in the league.

Will moving him from interim to full time end up being the right decision? We’ll see.

Him getting players for his system and having an actual training camp to get them into the tactics properly and in proper shape to sprint like he wants them will give a really good idea of that.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
This may be one of the worst lineups Arsenal have put out this year. It slightly worries me

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Maybe Solskjaer is good enough, probably not, but what is definitely not good enough is the quality of players that Manchester United are fielding. Despite spending a lot of money, they are a 5-7 club in terms of quality.

5-6 sure, although I’d say they’ve got more talent than Arsenal. 7 absolutely not. They’re clearly more talented on paper than West Ham, Everton, Leicester, Wolves, etc.

Reactions: Jussi

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
LOL Bad yellow, and then we let Benteke score his first in 19 games and the worst part is he does the Lebron celebration....

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
just saw the United score. Oh boy.

Ole has a monumental task ahead of him, and to ask him to it by himself without a DoF is pure madness.

I'd be so apathetic if I were a United fan. Biggest revenues in world football and you have a squad like that. Shame.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Clear handball missed....Could come back to haunt us, which is sad seeing that we are playing Palace at home...

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
just saw the United score. Oh boy.

Ole has a monumental task ahead of him, and to ask him to it by himself without a DoF is pure madness.

I'd be so apathetic if I were a United fan. Biggest revenues in world football and you have a squad like that. Shame.
I remember having the discussion earlier in the season and many people thought they had the 3rd best squad in England and I just don't get it.

I'll say again Mourinho did very, very well to take that team to 2nd and win the Europa.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
El Neny Mustafi Mavropanos and Jenko all starting.

Why are we setting up like we're in the League cup? This is on Emery.

Reactions: S E P H

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->