GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 35

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Depends if you're allowed to have Fergie rules and have a player run wild and try to break legs.
In that case, yes, pick Keane.

If you want to play FOOTBALL, then Pogba every day of the week.
Now, you kind be a fan of the football you want. I chose a long time ago.

This is exactly the label I'm talking about. Keane could play football, very well in fact. To describe him merely as a thug is a total injustice to his ability as a player. Total injustice.

Ask Ole who'd be the 1st player he'd take on his team from anyone he played with. I'll save you the time : It's always Keane.

People who watched him, truly watched him, as you say others here haven't, know he wasn't just running around kicking people for 90 minutes.

If any description of a player was 'LOL' worthy, it was yours.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
This is exactly the label I'm talking about. Keane could play football, very well in fact. To describe him merely as a thug is a total injustice to his ability as a player. Total injustice.

Ask Ole who'd be the 1st player he'd take on his team from anyone he played with. I'll save you the time : It's always Keane.

People who watched him, truly watched him, as you say others here haven't, know he wasn't just running around kicking people for 90 minutes.

If any description of a player was 'LOL' worthy, it was yours.
Yes, he could play football. Just not as good as Pogba.
He could break legs much better though, so good for you if you like this crap.
Ask Mbappe, Griezmann or Varane who'd they go to war with on a football pitch.
The first name will be Pogba.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
It could, but I doubt it. Pogba is just not a consistent player and seems to sulk as soon as things are not going his way. Going to current Real Madrid he'll be in almost the same situation he's at with United right now, but in Spain. He needs a team of better players around him to fully utilize his abilities, IMO, because he just doesn't have the mentality or consistency to be that player your team absolutely relies on for an extended period. People were already beating the drum as soon as OGS came in and he had a hot streak but it's no different.

He won't be playing with Fred and Pereira. There will be many better players around him.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
OK, substract the 7 goals (mind you, Curt has always said pens were counting the same), Pogba has 6 goals and 9 assists.
Does that change the point? Is Pogba playing false 9?
I don't know why you're comparing them at all. Firmino does way more work, and never sulks. There's a reason he's the first player (maybe 2nd to van Dijk now) on the teamsheet and the team plays completely differently (and frankly looks pretty lost) when he's not there.

I also never said that pens were the same as open play goals. I said that you still have to score them, and that they're still goals.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Fernandinho is so crucial to the way City plays. While Sane gives them more of a goal threat now they're much more likely to get scored on.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
United is horrible. The half of this team shouldn't be active at this level and people wonder why they are 6th.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
United just got beat by Everton 4 - 0...I still don't see where City are dropping points before the end of the season.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I will never in a million years understand an official seeing the potential challenge between young and zinchenko and not booking either of them.

It's either a foul on zinchenko and his second yellow or it's a dive for young.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad