GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 35

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I have no problem in saying that if you replaced Pogba with prime-Keane, United would have more wins and goals this season. I wouldn't quite count on Mourinho being still there though. :laugh:
And replace Pogba with Keane and France doesn't win the WC.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018

Laugh all you want, man.

I don't think anyone would suggest Pogba's not the superior natural talent in terms of technical quality and gifts. But, being a midfielder involves much more than that.

If you're a DoF and you have a choice between prime Pogba and a prime Keane... and you choose Pogba to be the focal point of your team? Well, power to ya. I'll take my chances with Keane every day of the week. And I'd be far from alone in that assessment.

Reactions: Jussi

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Looked like embellishment from Gundogan on replay. Smart, it completely killed the United attack.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Laugh all you want, man.

I don't think anyone would suggest Pogba's not the superior natural talent in terms of technical quality and gifts. But, being a midfielder involves much more than that.

If you're a DoF and you have a choice between prime Pogba and a prime Keane... and you choose Pogba to be the focal point of your team? Well, power to ya. I'll take my chances with Keane every day of the week. And I'd be far from alone in that assessment.

This. Even with all of Keane's hot headed/rash tackles and stupid red cards.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I think if Keane plays instead of Pogba on that French team they still win the WC. That team was/is stacked.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Laugh all you want, man.

Depends if you're allowed to have Fergie rules and have a player run wild and try to break legs.
In that case, yes, pick Keane.

If you want to play FOOTBALL, then Pogba every day of the week.
Now, you kind be a fan of the football you want. I chose a long time ago.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
When Pogba scores 10 goals at RM next season while playing like a legend we'll have to revisit this conversation. Because I am 100% sure that will happen.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Looked like embellishment from Gundogan on replay. Smart, it completely killed the United attack.

He still got caught with studs on the inside of the shin. If City was attacking in the 90th minute needing a goal he can likely get up faster, but I don't think he embellished much.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
United very solid defensively. Some nice rushes offensively.

City is still lacking any imagination outside Bernardo and maybe Sterling's speed.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
City is obviously feeling the pressure. They've made a lot of loose passes, taken some yellows that could be critical later in the game, and only had one very good chance. That all being said I can hardly watch this.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
When Pogba scores 10 goals at RM next season while playing like a legend we'll have to revisit this conversation. Because I am 100% sure that will happen.
It could, but I doubt it. Pogba is just not a consistent player and seems to sulk as soon as things are not going his way. Going to current Real Madrid he'll be in almost the same situation he's at with United right now, but in Spain. He needs a team of better players around him to fully utilize his abilities, IMO, because he just doesn't have the mentality or consistency to be that player your team absolutely relies on for an extended period. People were already beating the drum as soon as OGS came in and he had a hot streak but it's no different.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
It could, but I doubt it. Pogba is just not a consistent player and seems to sulk as soon as things are not going his way. Going to current Real Madrid he'll be in almost the same situation he's at with United right now, but in Spain. He needs a team of better players around him to fully utilize his abilities, IMO, because he just doesn't have the mentality or consistency to be that player your team absolutely relies on for an extended period. People were already beating the drum as soon as OGS came in and he had a hot streak but it's no different.
To be fair Zidane was also a similar player in his younger days. I think it would be a great role model for Pogba.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->