GWT: PL Matchweek 9

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
nice win by United.
after that first 10 minutes of the 2nd half, it was fairly straightforward for the Blades.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I expect nothing less than banners and protests, this is a joke. Unai Emery is destroying the Arsenal I love and it is truly painful to watch, he is not fit to manage another second of football for us.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Based on what? He's been terrible in the few minutes he's got this year and he was terrible last year.

He has been good this year when he has played, and was brilliant for parts of last season too. Simply having his ability to unlock defenses, which he shows every time he steps foot on the pitch despite his flaws, is incredibly valuable against well organised sides like Sheffield. He is our only source of creativity, he created as many chances in 71 minutes last time he played as Ceballos has all season. Surround him with workhorses in Torriera and one of Willock/Guendouzi and he will at least offer more than Ceballos, because frankly almost anyone does when he plays like today.

Last edited:

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
He has been good this year when he has played, and was brilliant for parts of last season too. Simply having his ability to unlock defenses, which he shows every time he steps foot on the pitch despite his flaws, is incredibly valuable against well organised sides like Sheffield. He is our only source of creativity, he created as many chances in 71 minutes last time he played as Ceballos has all season. Surround him with workhorses in Torriera and one of Willock/Guendouzi and he will at least offer more than Ceballos, because frankly almost anyone does.
Look who suddenly likes Guendouzi now that he has a new player to hate

Reactions: maclean

Mr Plow

Apr 15, 2016
It was a tap to the shin and then a knee/shin to the back of the other leg. That’s almost always given as a foul, although I do think Origi tried to sell it because his touch got away from him and he was likely losing the ball anyway.

This is how I saw it as well, such makes me puzzled why so many people think United deserved the win. Outside of that goal that should have never been allowed to happen, their only shot on target was a McTominay dribbler from 25 yards. They created absolutely nothing, yet are being praised for a great performance.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Look who suddenly likes Guendouzi now that he has a new player to hate

I do not rate Guendouzi as highly as most, he was horrendous today, but I have changed my mind a bit since a while back now. I have said many times this season that Guendouzi has undergone an insane development by the way, but ignore what I have said about him for two months if you want. I do not suddenly like him for no reason, his performances of late have made me warm up to him. Guendouzi should not be a regular, week in, week out starter this season, I still believe that. I still like Ceballos, he is great at times, but not creative enough to be the only player with a creative license on the pitch. Ceballos can be very useful and I in no way hate him, when I say ”almost anyone can offer more”, I mean as a source of end product and a final ball, creativity in the final third. Stop trying to put words in other peoples mouths. I would like to see

Willock - Torriera

Özil

Last edited:

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
Finally a chance to catch a weekday match and against relegation fodder. Expected result. Just mind boggling how Xhaka is the first name on the sheet and Torreira rides the pine. I'm all for Willock getting minutes but in a match like this Ceballos has to start, that midfield has zero creativity. With Ozil frozen out of the squad we are in the same boat as United having one creative midfielder on the roster.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Finally a chance to catch a weekday match and against relegation fodder. Expected result. Just mind boggling how Xhaka is the first name on the sheet and Torreira rides the pine. I'm all for Willock getting minutes but in a match like this Ceballos has to start, that midfield has zero creativity. With Ozil frozen out of the squad we are in the same boat as United having one creative midfielder on the roster.

And that only creative midfielder, Ceballos, has only created 6 chances all season, which is shocking.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Really think Leicester has a shot at top 4. Their schedule isn't too tough until the go to City two months from today and then home against Liverpool on Boxing day.

Reactions: Blender

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Yeah, they have a shot. Their depth is a bit questionable, but as long as they avoid a long cup run, it should be good.

They certainly benefit from the fact that much of the rest of their top four challengers are mediocre.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I know that some of what has gone on is due to pressure Pepe is experiencing, but man is he struggling.

He shows flashes but is really inconsistent and at the end of the day we need him to score. So many grade A chances missed thus far!

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Always some comments aging well I can see. (I realize Arsenal should still win)
Lol, are you surprised Arsenal lost yesterday? That was the most Arsenalian lost ever, this isn't anything new that has been happening to our club the past 11 seasons.

This doesn't take from the fact though that Liverpool dropped points against a self-inflicting Man Unit squad, so I am not sure what you're trying to prove here? We all know that Arsenal sucks, this isn't like a brand new revelation or something...

Not only that, but majority of you lot even predicted this when we hired Emery as manager, so...

I know that some of what has gone on is due to pressure Pepe is experiencing, but man is he struggling.
Meh, adjustment year. Going from Ligue 1 to EPL is a huge step into difficulty, but he has looked fantastic at everything except finishing so I am very much less concerned for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad