PL Matchweek 9

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
If you understand the system why are you blaming Firmino for not scoring at the rate of other top strikers? It's not his responsibility. If we change the system we'd need an actual striker to play his position but yeah.

The main issue is if we want to continue with this system we need quality, direct goal scoring wide forwards. Right now we have two but they need to play at the same time so we need more depth there.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If you understand the system why are you blaming Firmino for not scoring at the rate of other top strikers? It's not his responsibility. If we change the system we'd need an actual striker to play his position but yeah.

The main issue is if we want to continue with this system we need quality, direct goal scoring wide forwards. Right now we have two but they need to play at the same time so we need more depth there.

Right. This is a stupid system. It’s always a strikers job to score goals. I can’t think of any successful team running this system successfully with a finisher as poor as Firmino up front.

There is no reason to pass this the buck. If it’s Firmino’s Job to get everyone else to score, then he isn’t doing good at that either.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Then you don't understand the system. Firmino's job isn't to score goals it's to facilitate the play for the wide forwards (the main goal scorers) and the midfielders. If he pots some goals too that's great, but how his role works just isn't made to have him be prolific. He should be a 10 but we don't play the 4-2-3-1 that would suit him best.
Didn't you say Lacazette would score less goals than Firminho?
Seems you didn't understand the system back then I guess.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Didn't you say Lacazette would score less goals than Firminho?
Seems you didn't understand the system back then I guess.

It’s a shame Liverpool wasn’t interested in Lacazette or they would have gotten him. I guess he doesn’t press enough as a Forward for Klopp’s liking?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Lacazette just isn't good enough for Liverpool. What we should have done is bought someone like Promes or Balde to back up or rotate with Mane/Salah but both can also sub in at striker. When fit we've seen the system can be very effective but there's not a lot of wiggle room or room for error obviously. This would be aided by having a true anchor (Krychowiak was available and would have been perfect).

I've been a pretty big proponent of changing systems personally but Klopp seems quite stubborn about it.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Lacazette good enough for recent La Liga winners and CL runner up Atletico Madrid but not good enough for midtable team fighting for CL place LOLpool.

Ok....

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Lacazette just isn't good enough for Liverpool. What we should have done is bought someone like Promes or Balde to back up or rotate with Mane/Salah but both can also sub in at striker. When fit we've seen the system can be very effective but there's not a lot of wiggle room or room for error obviously. This would be aided by having a true anchor (Krychowiak was available and would have been perfect).

I've been a pretty big proponent of changing systems personally but Klopp seems quite stubborn about it.

This is why everyone on here hates all the Liverpool fans.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
To be honest, a lot of the critics made by other posters towards Liverpool fans overrating their coaches/players, making excuses, etc... is targeted towards Curt's posts.
Most of the other Pool fans here are reasonnable. He, OTOH, is out of touch with reality. Nothing new, but progress hasn't been made.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017

I don't hate all the Liverpool fans, in fact outside of mainly one I would say most Liverpool fans here are really good, levelheaded posters.

The fact that everywhere else (internet and real world) I have encountered Liverpool fans Curt is the norm, not the exception is why i hate Liverpool the club though.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Lacazette good enough for recent La Liga winners and CL runner up Atletico Madrid but not good enough for midtable team fighting for CL place LOLpool.

Ok....

Well, just because a team buys a player doesn't mean that player is good enough. That said it was obvious joke and almost anything negative I've ever said about Lacazette has been well, anyway. You can see that I wanted Liverpool to buy Lacazette for a few years actually, and I was vocally upset that Liverpool didn't try and get him when he ended up going to Arsenal. But considering that I tried the 'high road' approach with a lot of you, and you guys insist on trolling/griefing so it is what it is. A vicious circle that will never be broken.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Well, just because a team buys a player doesn't mean that player is good enough. That said it was obvious joke and almost anything negative I've ever said about Lacazette has been well, anyway. You can see that I wanted Liverpool to buy Lacazette for a few years actually, and I was vocally upset that Liverpool didn't try and get him when he ended up going to Arsenal. But considering that I tried the 'high road' approach with a lot of you, and you guys insist on trolling/griefing so it is what it is. A vicious circle that will never be broken.

You need to post some emojis to be clear you're joking. Because based on your messages before, well let's just say some of your opinions are way out there.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Haaaaa !
Now I get it. You were also joking when you said Firminho would score more than AL !
And surely also when you said Lovren was quality.

Now I get it, stupid me :D

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Lovren certainly has quality.

Among other true things you've said in that post.

Also Firmino has 6 goals and 4 assists this season...Lacazette has 5 goals, 0 assists...for what it's worth.

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Hardly clear that you were joking when you were talking about Liverpool needing an anchor, which is true, in the same paragraph.

Were you joking about Gomez being a better prospect than Sanchez too?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Were you joking about Gomez being a better prospect than Sanchez too?

No, but you guys act like this means I think Sanchez is shit because you're incapable of having a rational discussion about anything. It's all extremes and no middle ground and whatever opinion you go in with is not there to be changed. For example your opinion of Sanchez/Gomez was formed before you'd even watched him play. Then you ignore his strong performances and continue to troll about him in almost every topic. I mean I don't have to explain this stuff you should know what you're doing. It's the internet though.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Also Firmino has 6 goals and 4 assists this season...Lacazette has 5 goals, 0 assists...for what it's worth.

Wow, that's embarrassing.
Even you can't be that much of a loser, can you?

And the only extremist here is you.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Wow, that's embarrassing.
Even you can't be that much of a loser, can you?

And the only extremist here is you.
:laugh:

Your line of reasoning in pretty much any discussion is 'agree with me or you're an idiot'. Pretty much every 'debate' you have on this site breaks down at some point into a personal attack. You've been following me around pretty much every topic attempting to rile me up with bitter comments because when I first came to this board I said that Suarez was playing like the best player in the world.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
:facepalm:
You're trying to say Firmino has scored more goals and more assists than Lacazette this year.
If you want to be taken seriously, you need to compare what is comparable.
Firmino has a whopping 2 goals in more EPL minutes than Lacazette who has 4. Remember you claimed Firmino would outscore AL.
You've been using CL stats and even CL qualifiers now to pump up Firmino's stats :facepalm:
That's so lame... :laugh:

Lacazette, who's still getting used to a new league has 4 goals in 636 minutes.
Firmino has 2 goals in 641 minutes.

You can try to lie, distort or anything you want, you said Firmino was going to score more EPL goals than Lacazette. So far, even adapting to a new league, AL outscores Firmino in less minutes. Double the goals in fact.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
No, but you guys act like this means I think Sanchez is **** because you're incapable of having a rational discussion about anything. It's all extremes and no middle ground and whatever opinion you go in with is not there to be changed. For example your opinion of Sanchez/Gomez was formed before you'd even watched him play. Then you ignore his strong performances and continue to troll about him in almost every topic. I mean I don't have to explain this stuff you should know what you're doing. It's the internet though.

Gomez' strong performances???

When were those? He has been bad in most, if not all Liverpool games I have seen.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I never said that Firmino would score more goals than Lacazette. I said Firmino would have more goals + assists than Lacazette. Right now he has more goals and more assists. I also never limited it to just the PL either; why would his games in the CL not count? Hoffenheim and Sevilla are both better than any team Lacazette has scored against so far.

But you resorted to personal attacks again over something that you aren't even remembering correctly. This is where you get ultra defensive, rinse and repeat. Never change.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Indeed, I thought you said EPL, but mind you the whole discussion was about EPL goals.
But still, you managed to bring up european games, which means even more minutes than AL. 248 more in fact.
And since that wasn't enough, you brought up the CL qualifiers :facepalm:. 174 more minutes :laugh:

That's so f***ing lame I can't even imagine EVEN YOU can lower to this. :biglaugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad