GWT: PL Matchweek 8

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I think Evilo just hates all Croatians, that's the only rational explanation here.

Hmmm. The only rational explanation I see here is that most Croatian players are overrated on this forum. Fortunately Rakitic isn't as popular and plays for Barça and so I don't have to endure too much revisionism about his overall performances. It is interesting though that as I predicted Arthur is already looking like a shout for a starting spot (and it's not Busquets' or Arn Anderson's spot I'm referring to here) even though a supposed Cule who I will not mention but whose name phonetically sounds somewhat like "two trains zoo cinnamon" laughed at me when I drafted him :facepalm: .

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Lovren being overrated? That's a new one. The guy gets slated by pretty much everyone.

Touching is not what constitutes a foul, or there would be 20 penalties a game. It was not a penalty.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Lovren is overrated LOL. Nobody gets more slack then that guy. Solid defender who usually has one big mistake a game that's Lovren. Modric overrated LOL ye sure.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
When someone says Modric is the most complete player ever, on this very website HE IS OVERRATED.

I said he's possibly the most complete midfielder of the last 30 years, maybe ever.
(it doesn't necessarily mean he's the best, but the most well-rounded, near the top at every aspect of the game)

I don't think it's a stretch at all. Like I said, I cannot think of midfielder who was as well rounded as he is. Offense, defense, everything together.

Of course, you could always make up some more stats that turn out to be utterly false, like in the other thread, to show just what a fraud he is and how he got carried to 4 CLs etc.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
How are they false again?

Right.
And I never said he was a fraud and got carried lol.
I said he was the best MF right now and also said he wasn't the most complete ever or in the last 30 years.
That translates to what? Lol talk about a stretch...

When you can't come up with arguments to back up an outlandish claim you resolve to saying thing I never said? Ouch.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
How are they false again?

When you can't come up with arguments to back up an outlandish claim you resolve to saying thing I never said? Ouch.

What... Are you talking about... YNWA linked the stuff yesterday where the numbers you posted were factually wrong. False. Imagined. Invented.
Or at the very best, quoted from an unreliable source.

Evilo said:
Vieria played 280 league games with Arsenal. He scored 29 goals and assisted 35 more.
Modric has played 293 league games with both Spurs and Real. He has scored 22 goals and assisted on 34 more.

YNWA said:
Luka Modric - Stats by Club
Patrick Vieira - Stats by Club

This doesn't back up Vieira being more productive.

So basically,for example, you say Modric assisted on 34 goals (and Vieria on 35).

In reality, the numbers are:

League play in EPL only, since those are the numbers YOU quoted:
Vieria - with Arsenal, EPL only: 279 games, 17 assists.
Modric - Spurs/Real, EPL/La Liga only: 301 games, 49 assists.

So, yes, you are putting up some false numbers there.
And again, here are the links:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
What... Are you talking about... YNWA linked the stuff yesterday where the numbers you posted were factually wrong. False. Imagined. Invented.
Or at the very best, quoted from an unreliable source.

So basically,for example, you say Modric assisted on 34 goals (and Vieria on 35).

In reality, the numbers are:

League play in EPL only, since those are the numbers YOU quoted:
Vieria - with Arsenal, EPL only: 279 games, 17 assists.
Modric - Spurs/Real, EPL/La Liga only: 301 games, 49 assists.

So, yes, you are putting up some false numbers there.
And again, here are the links:
What are YOU talking about?
I linked my source. Kurt linked another. Doesn't mean one is better than the other.
This one has the same goal stats for instance as mine :
Luka Modric | Football Stats | Real Madrid | Age 33 | Soccer Base
Strange, huh?
So who are you to say I was the one with the wrong numbers?
Factually wrong my ass. Not imagined, not false, not invented.

Let me play your game :
You link false numbers and THEN just because I think it's outlandish to claim Modric is the most complete player ever (or even in the last 30 years), and EVEN THOUGH I said he was the best MF right now, you still come up with crap like : "to show just what a fraud he is and how he got carried to 4 CLs etc."

Quite incredible.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Mar 1, 2002
I have no fear of flying.......but I would never get in a helicopter, man. Or a small plane, my boss has a Cessna and has invited me a few times, no thank you.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Yeah, whoever was in that helicopter is likely dead :( Apparently it crashed on the club's staff car park, now let's hope nobody was on the ground

John – a Leicester fan – is with our reporter Rob Dorsett at the King Power Stadium. He was in the club bar when the helicopter spun out of control.
He said: “We was in the bar facing the King Power – my nephew was in a real state of shock. He said he saw this helicopter out of control then drop within a second and burst into flames. He was so upset – we’re all thinking about the owners here and what they’ve done for the football club. It’s awful, you can’t believe it.”

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->