GWT: PL Matchweek 7

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Kepa's not great on that goal either.
The two most expensive goalies on the planet had good and very average moments in this game.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Kepa's not great on that goal either.
The two most expensive goalies on the planet had good and very average moments in this game.
I thought he reacted fine to it

If he's 6'6 he gets it.

Literally that shot couldn't have been more perfect

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Fantastic game , I thoroughly enjoyed that one.

Loved Sarri's embrace with Klopp afterwards as well. Game knows game. He's a purist , and that was a great display.

Reactions: maclean and YNWA14

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I thought he reacted fine to it

If he's 6'6 he gets it.

Literally that shot couldn't have been more perfect
He used the opposite hand, which wasn't the good play.
His placement isn't awful IMO, but he doesn't jump the right way and should have used his other hand.
When you see the replay from the ground, you see the ball isn't that close from the crossbar.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Even though we won a pretty crap day of results with Arsenal and Liverpool both getting undeserved points.

Oh well with United dropping points that should just about guarantee top 4 now and with the garbage start to the season that I guess is a decent result. Disappointing as this year should have had so much more.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Liverpool really need Salah and Mane to sort it out. Shouldn't have needed that incredible goal from Studge but I'll take the draw I guess. We created more chances for sure.

Great game though. Chelsea look good under Sarri.

Also I dont know why Arsenal would be interested in this result either way. Both of these teams will absolutely smash Arsenal.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
If you closely watch Liverpool vs Man United, it's such a night and day thing. Everyone for Liverpool, certainly their stalwarts, tries to do something with the ball every single time they get it. It's always: look up the field, come up with a solution. It doesn't always work and Chelsea did very well to neutralize it a bit, but it's so refreshing compared to United's 'ah no let's pass it a bit amongst ourselves before running out of easy options and losing the ball again'.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
He used the opposite hand, which wasn't the good play.
His placement isn't awful IMO, but he doesn't jump the right way and should have used his other hand.
When you see the replay from the ground, you see the ball isn't that close from the crossbar.
Nope. You’re supposed to use the top hand.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Also I dont know why Arsenal would be interested in this result either way. Both of these teams will absolutely smash Arsenal.

Seems pretty irrelevant to me. They closed in on top 4 with this and Chelsea in particular is a direct competitor for whatever spot they're hoping to get, and they almost won this one

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Big difference was the substitutes.

Morata sucks, Barkley and Moses don't think the game at a high enough level..

I'd be happy with third place. We lack depth in the squad.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Seems pretty irrelevant to me. They closed in on top 4 with this and Chelsea in particular is a direct competitor for whatever spot they're hoping to get, and they almost won this one
Arsenal isnt competing with either of those teams.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I feel the draw was also in Arsenal's best interest as it means Chelsea/Liverpool both fall behind City for the title race for now...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad