GWT: PL Matchweek 6

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Spurs didn't play well, but they will get the points and they really needed them. Can't be dropping points to Brighton and Watford this early in the campaign.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Well it wasn’t pretty but it was a much needed win after the pathetic efforts in the past 3 games.

Still a lot of issues with this team. They will need to rely on other teams being crap to make the top 4.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Well I guess they had to let one last pathetic play to ensure there were no doubts how awful they really are.

Embarrassing to allow that goal.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
That own goal by the Soton player was one of the worst I have seen in the past five seasons of all football. Just horrible.

Wolves are such an impressive team.

Disgusting at the Crystal Palace game, a fan threw a glass beer bottle at one of the CP fans.

Last edited:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Tough one for the Gulls. It was always going to be hard against Spurs, unfortunate that they gave up a Pen going into half. I thought the unbeaten at home steak was going to last the whole season, yet here we are... :p

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Kante is completely wasted in this setup.
Jorginho hasn't been anything special either. He makes a ton of passes, but they are mostly just short and safe passes along the back line. Nothing spectacular enough to justify playing Kante this far forward.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Jorginho hasn't been anything special either. He makes a ton of passes, but they are mostly just short and safe passes along the back line. Nothing spectacular enough to justify playing Kante this far forward.
I don’t completely agree with that, he is just cycling like he always does. That’s his role.

Kante can’t really do that as well as he can. The craziest bit today is that Kante has as many attempts with his head as feet so far

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I don’t completely agree with that, he is just cycling like he always does. That’s his role.

Kante can’t really do that as well as he can. The craziest bit today is that Kante has as many attempts with his head as feet so far
We're playing one of the best defensive midfielders in the world out of position so that Jorginho can play in that spot. I expect more from him than just cycling the ball, especially when he's rather poor defensively. If he's not driving the attack, than all we're accomplishing is to have a lot of possession with nothing to show for it and it leaves us very vulnerable to counterattacks (most evident during the Arsenal game). Chelsea is 5-0 to start the season so far, but the schedule has been fairly easy. This kind of set up isn't going to serve us well against clubs that can efficiently attack.

Reactions: gary69

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
We're playing one of the best defensive midfielders in the world out of position so that Jorginho can play in that spot. I expect more from him than just cycling the ball, especially when he's rather poor defensively. If he's not driving the attack, than all we're accomplishing is to have a lot of possession with nothing to show for it and it leaves us very vulnerable to counterattacks (most evident during the Arsenal game). Chelsea is 5-0 to start the season so far, but the schedule has been fairly easy. This kind of set up isn't going to serve us well against clubs that can efficiently attack.

Yeah, if this is going to be Jorginho's role, it's been waste of money. A lot of guys could be doing those same safe passes, heck, how much salary Fabregas is being paid to sit on the bench. And like you said, Jorginho doesn't offer much more defensive protection than Fabregas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad