GWT: PL Matchweek 37

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Losing Firmino then Salah right in home stretch...why was Shaqiri our offensive signing this summer? Bleh.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Perez faking it like a little bitch after a serious injury to the head just happened is annoying.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Sturridge and Shaqiri are just so bad. They dont know where to be or how to give a decent pass.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Well I guess the referee played advantage after the TAA handball which they are allowed to do. Still though. Horrible referee.
Yeah, but playing advantage doesn't mean that the card wouldn't happen. All academic in the end.
In this case you are wrong.

Because Atsu scored anyway, TAA is supposed to be given a yellow card. The referee is not able to give a red card for denying a goalscoring opportunity because they scored. If Atsu sends the ball wide or it is saved, TAA is to be given a red card and a penalty awarded.

Specific rule per the FA website:

If the referee plays the advantage for an offence for which a caution / send off would have been issued had play been stopped, this caution / send off must be issued when the ball is next out of play, except for the denial of an obvious goal-scoring opportunity when the player is cautioned for unsporting behaviour.

Dumb rule. That makes no ****ing sense to me.
I stand corrected. But yeah, that's a dumb rule. Is it different for an intentional handball? Because wouldn't the goal have counted regardless, or am I making that up?

Supposed to be a yellow card per the rule I posted. Which I do not agree with at all.
Yeah, I kept reading the thread and edited.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->