GWT: PL Matchweek 32

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016

Awful news. Spurs most improved player under Conte. Did well on both flanks. Villa tried clattering everybody in that first half.

Reactions: Jack Straw

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool getting a draw is their only saving grace, but without getting 3 points today their chance to win the league drastically reduced. It's just the reality of the situation. Obviously weirder things have happened in sports but I wouldn't hold my breath on City tripping up.
I mean here’s the thing. Liverpool still need to win every game, that hasn’t changed. If Liverpool win every game and it comes down to the last day of the season, then so be it it.

If not what can you do? Liverpool is the better team this year. If City win the league by a point you can look at the pints that LFC dropped against Brighton and Brentford and/or you can say that City got all the luck with the refs (PK luck in Wolves, Everton games. Maybe Arsenal game; Tierney disasterclass in LFC vs Tottenham). It happens. LFC still has a lot left to play for though either way. As I said in autumn, LFC and City are the two best teams in the world. It’s a shame they play in the same league.

Last edited:

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I mean here’s the thing. Liverpool still need to win every game, that hasn’t changed. If Liverpool win every game and it comes down to the last day of the season, then so be it it.

If not what can you do? Liverpool is the better team this year. If City win the league by a point you can look at the pints that LFC dropped against Brighton and Brentford and/or you can say that City got all the luck with the refs (PK luck in Wolves, Everton games. Maybe Arsenal game; Tierney disasterclass in LFC vs Tottenham). It happens. LFC still has a lot left to play for though either way. As I said in autumn, LFC and City are the two best teams in the world. It’s a shame they play in the same league.
Liverpool could not win another trophy this season and I would still call this their second best season under Klopp solely because they’re still in every competition in mid April.

In a vacuum, you take a point at the Etihad and run every season but obviously needed all three to control the title race.

City turned Liverpool’s strength (offside trap) into a weakness today. Well played.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool could not win another trophy this season and I would still call this their second best season under Klopp solely because they’re still in every competition in mid April.

In a vacuum, you take a point at the Etihad and run every season but obviously needed all three to control the title race.

City turned Liverpool’s strength (offside trap) into a weakness today. Well played.
Easily. And they still play at least one more time this season.

Either way, still a lot of story to be written

Reactions: Burner Account

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
About Everton cause I'm going through their extended highlights. I think I should point out that Everton were 16th with Benitez and did not have Calvert-Lewin. Now they have him and a different manager and they're even worse. That's an amazing achievement tbh. This guy scored 16 league goals last season and they've gone down a spot even when they were basically as low as they could go.

Also yes I know they won but Rangnick has been a disaster as a manager so that could have gone either way from the start.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Liverpool getting a draw is their only saving grace, but without getting 3 points today their chance to win the league drastically reduced. It's just the reality of the situation. Obviously weirder things have happened in sports but I wouldn't hold my breath on City tripping up.
They went from 1 point back with 8 to play to 1 point back with 7 to play.

"Weirder things have happened."

If it does happen, it wouldn't be the weirdest thing to happen that day.

It's essentially a dead heat. We're talking about City like they haven't lost in ten years.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
What a player Ivan Toney is. Some top 6 club should absolutely sign him in the summer. He has link up play, playmaking, physical dominance, intelligence and now he is showing he can score a lot at the PL level too which was my only concern in the first half of the season.

You should just straight out say he's good enough for your team because they can't score dick and he can. That's what I would have said anyway. They should sign him.

Reactions: al secord

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This version of LFC reminds me of their team like four seasons ago or so where everything just went right for them. They get severely outplayed the entire match, but one "off" moment by Citeh and Mane scores to tie it. Arsenal is just like this, but on the opposite end of the spectrum leading to losses, while it saves Liverpool from losses or draws.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad