West Ham X Chelsea

Thursday 2 July

Sheffield Utd X Tottenham
Man City X Liverpool: 19/20 Premier League Champion

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
It'd be peak Chelsea for us to lose to a shambolic West Ham this week, but we've looked really good since the restart and I'm feeling confident.
Hoping for a classic trap game for Chelsea after the nice win against City. Plus, you guys have a weekend Cup match, while West Ham will be rested. Haller looks like he will still be out, so likely Antonio at striker again, which is not ideal.

With the gulf in form between both squads right now, frankly I don't think it will matter.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
It'd be peak Chelsea for us to lose to a shambolic West Ham this week, but we've looked really good since the restart and I'm feeling confident.
Definitely need some squad rotation so we have some guys that are fresh and up for the game.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Gilmour will start this weekend against Leicester and Jorginho will start against West Ham, of both these facts I'm fairly confident.
Hopefully no more Barkley starts. I just don't think he's good enough to be starting for a top 4 side.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Brighton have proven they can beat Man U over our short time in the Premier League. That being said United have looked solid since the return and I would be surprised if we came away with 3 points.

Going into the first 3 games back I would have been happy with getting 4 points so anything against Man U will be a bonus.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Ismaila Sarr also had the game of his life.
I still say Lovren.. wtf was he trying to do with Deeney? After it was 1-0 for one of the rare time LFC was not able to climb back and Sarr managed to score on the counter.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
What the thought process by that VAR referee was is beyond me. These people are beyond incompetent.
They said on the DAZN broadcast that because the referee had a very clear look at it, that it wasn't a "clear and obvious error".

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
They said on the DAZN broadcast that because the referee had a very clear look at it, that it wasn't a "clear and obvious error".
What sort of bizarre justification is this? VAR and pass interference review in the NFL are some of the biggest disasters in recent sports history. What's the point of replays and reviews to get something right, if you just use mental gymnastics to not get it right. I sort of understanding not wanting to make the refs look bad, but you'd think they'd want the chance to make up for something that they may have missed or misinterpreted when the play was at full speed.

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
What sort of bizarre justification is this? VAR and pass interference review in the NFL are some of the biggest disasters in recent sports history. What's the point of replays and reviews to get something right, if you just use mental gymnastics to not get it right. I sort of understanding not wanting to make the refs look bad, but you'd think they'd want the chance to make up for something that they may have missed or misinterpreted when the play was at full speed.
VAR has been a disaster in the EPL, they have completely bungled its implementation.

They showed a shot of the incident with the referee in the frame showing that he was looking right at them with a clear view, and stated that this meant it wasn't a clear and obvious error. Ridiculous reasoning as it assumed he made the correct call.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
VAR has been a disaster in the EPL, they have completely bungled its implementation.

They showed a shot of the incident with the referee in the frame showing that he was looking right at them with a clear view, and stated that this meant it wasn't a clear and obvious error. Ridiculous reasoning as it assumed he made the correct call.
Review is done right when it's viewed as a do-over, a clean slate to just get the call right, not when you assume the on-field ref is correct in his call, and you put obstacles in place like clear and obvious to overturn it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad