GWT: PL Matchweek 31

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I remember being told Pulisic would soon be better than Reus a couple years ago. Don't remember anything about Mbappe though.

I also recall it being said a couple years ago when Liverpool were supposedly interested that he could step in and replace whatever Sterling, Sane, Mane and Rashford brought without a drop in quality. I believe it was implied he'd be a starter (I guess over one of Mane or Salah?) for Liverpool.

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I remember being told Pulisic would soon be better than Reus a couple years ago. Don't remember anything about Mbappe though.

I also recall it being said a couple years ago when Liverpool were supposedly interested that he could step in and replace whatever Sterling, Sane, Mane and Rashford brought without a drop in quality. I believe it was implied he'd be a starter (I guess over one of Mane or Salah?) for Liverpool.
And?

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

It wasn't implied it was directly stated.

It may not surprise anyone but by far, and I mean by far my favorite one of those was when Salah ran down the field against United and scored. Pep screaming about "TWICEEEEEEEEE" was next on the list.

Last edited:

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I think thats what US fans do. I don't however think the majority of football fans care about our National Team and inner-team dynamics or issues. We are an irrelevant NT.

They bash him because it's a cool thing to bash American players. We aren't that good at soccer, so we are an easy target. No one respects our players. You'd think that the Canadian posters here, who also see their players given absolutely no respect to begin with, wouldn't take part because they'd understand what its like for the football world to perpetually make fun of their players, not rate them, underrate them, make them prove themselves to degrees that players from other countries don't, but evidently not.

Same type of thing France or Germany faces with hockey.

I don't see anyone disrespecting Davies or David. It's because they're actually good. Pulisic is just a slightly better Donovan. Except Donovan had actually done something for his national team.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It wasn't implied it was directly stated.

It may not surprise anyone but by far, and I mean by far my favorite one of those was when Salah ran down the field against United and scored. Pep screaming about "TWICEEEEEEEEE" was next on the list.
The Salah goal vs Utd was THE moment of the PL
Season this year.

What will always stick with me is that Leicester away game after the CWC that many just assumed LFC would lose vs the second place team, at their ground, after traveling from Qatar. LFC responsed with what was probably their best performance of the season (except for Crystal Palace on Wednesday). Then they held on to beat Wolverhampton (who had just beaten City) with an even smaller turn around time. That was unbelievable.

the other things that really stood out was the Milner clearance vs Bournemouth (for my obvious reasons), and that stoppage time come back win vs Aston Villa.

really an astonishing season.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
We can cherry pick any poster making positive or negative comments about 17/18/19 year olds. I don't see how that's noteworthy on any level.
I guess. Though I think there's a difference between that and claiming an 18 year old is not long to be better than Reus (his teammate and still a top player) and is already on the level of Mane, Salah, Sane, Sterling etc., and who said it is pretty relevant to this discussion. Especially since there were questions of whether he was overrated or if there were any bias.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
What about the claims you've made that I said he's better than Mbappe? When you were asked to back this up, you hid behind the servers no longer housing it. But you still insist this was said. Very convenient.

I'm sure you still remember the discussion about Pulisic, Mor and Dembele. You are cgf were sure that Pulisic was the worst of the three and would turn into the worst player of the three. Others weren't sure who'd be the best of the three. Unfortunately, and I do say this unfortunately because Dembele could've been a real world class player, Pulisic has turned out to be the best of the three. Do you think you overrated him or underrated him?
I never said you said Pulisic was better than Mbappe.
No idea what you're talking about :dunno: :huh:
I also never said Mor was better than Pulisic. I never rated Mor.
Stop making things up.
Pulisic is better than Dembele?
Erh not even close sorry.
So by saying he could be a top 5 (maybe I even said 3) Bundesliga player, not only did I rate him just right but your talks about Ballon D'or contention should make you hide forever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->