GWT: PL Matchweek 31

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
He has some of the best per minute stats for any Premier League club and he's 21 years old. Are you sure you don't want to revise what you just said? Do you think his play is a fluke?

It's amazing how some of you bet big on Pulisic flopping at Chelsea, and now you guys can't admit that he's doing well. Take the L, and admit the kid is good. Myself personally, I thought he needed a lot of improvement going into this season from what he had shown in prior seasons. I've also never been a fan of his style of play, but credit where it's due. He's been brilliant this season. Looks miles better in the final third.

Why would I revise what I said? I said if he keeps playing this well they won’t have a choice but to play him. Your defensiveness is on the same level of evilo when it comes to American or Dortmund related content. You’re just as stubborn about not admitting when you’re wrong about literally anything which makes it really amusing when you ask for others to do the same.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Why would I revise what I said? I said if he keeps playing this well they won’t have a choice but to play him.

Here's what you said.

I'm not convinced he'll be getting consistent starting time with Ziyech and Werner coming in but if he keeps having these performances it'll be hard not to give him more time.

I'm genuinely curious why Ziyech and Werner will knock Pulisic out of a position. They aren't more proven at the top level, they weren't more expensive, it's not even clear they will be playing the same positions.

But, of course, Pulisic is an overrated American player, so we always need to find someone who we think should play ahead of him.

Thank you for playing captain obvious that he'll play if he continues to have excellent per minute numbers. No one could've figured that out. The fact that you said that clearly shows you actually like Pulisic, and you didn't mean any slight to him with your comment that is a clear slight to him.

Your defensiveness is on the same level of evilo when it comes to American or Dortmund related content. You’re just as stubborn about not admitting when you’re wrong about literally anything which makes it really amusing when you ask for others to do the same.

Excuse me, but this whole discussion about Pulisic was prompted because I was mocked from a discussion in September when he wasn't playing. People talked about how bad he was, overrated, only there to sell shirts. I merely said it's unfair to criticize a player when they aren't playing, and we needed to let his play on the field dictate the evaluation. Now it's clear at the end of the season that these people who said these things were wrong. He's proven them wrong.

I could be rude and smug about being on the right side of this debate from September, but I've chosen not to. I don't want to go back, find ridiculous quotes, and shame the people who said the ridiculous things. But don't mock me when you were blatantly wrong. I'm not going to have any of that, and then I will absolutely go on the offensive towards people who took part. I didn't start digging up people's quotes on Sunday or today or halfway through the season when he was playing very well.

Personally, if I was clearly wrong about what I said, and it was proven out, I'd just shut my mouth and suck it up that I was wrong. However, if you or others want to double and triple down on your ridiculous takes from September, we can revive this debate, and maybe I should dig up some of these posts.

And your attempt to make this an issue of my affiliation is ridiculous, and shows that you've backed yourself into a corner. As I've long said, among American fans, I am not a big fan of Pulisic. I don't like his style of play, find him to be a very boring off-field persona, never considered him one of my favorite up and coming Americans. There are plenty of people who go crazy about this guy. They have his jersey, watch his every game, are inspired by him. None of that applies to me.

However, I don't actively dislike the guy, and when I see a clear improvement, I'm going to give him credit. Anyone who isn't a clear hater could see he's much improved this season. Anyone who isn't a hater wouldn't have been calling him overhyped or only there to sell shirts prematurely before he even played 10 games. To me, the only thing that makes sense of why people said this stuff is that the guy is American. I don't see much to dislike about the guy. He seems like a very boring, generic-style talented 21 year old footballer. Doesn't cause attention to himself, doesn't have off the field issues, not an outwardly cocky player. Obviously some have it out for the guy because he's American. Thats always been clear.

And why would I care so much about him being a former Dortmund player? He was very average his last year or two. We have plenty of wing options. It wasn't much of a loss that he left. Of course, I doubt you know how I view any of this. I wouldn't begin to suggest I know your inner-motivations in a Sepp van den Berg discussion because it has never crossed my mind, and its not something I think I would be doing anything more than guessing about. It takes a lot of arrogance to suggest what you've suggested, but congratulations. And you were simply wrong, so I've now educated you about my own opinion, and instead of trying to deflect the discussion towards my perceived bias due to footballing affiliations, why don't you stick to the substance?

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I think after this season, Liverpool fans deserve to be arrogant. Waiting 30 years, for god's sake. Earned it. Didn't just win it. Blew everyone away. Won a European Cup. Anyone upset about Liverpool fans being a bit arrogant right now can kick rocks.

Let me know when Arsenal are in the running to win a title. Or a European Cup anytime soon. I darn well know Arsenal supporters shouldn't be talking much. At least not tonight. Probably not for a while now. Liverpool have double the points as Arsenal has right now. Your lot is closer to the drop than they are the title.

As for City, I think the bigger question is less what Pep does for his defense (which I think can be fixed... Laporte getting hurt most of the season was rough) but more what happens if Aguero is finally finished. Jesus is not good enough to be their man bell cow all season. I know Sterling has improved a lot on his finishing, and KdB is the best midfielder in the EPL by far, if not the best player, but that's a lot of work to get done scoring wise if Aguero is really done. I don't know that you can rely on him week in and week out as he has a lot of miles on the tires. He's 32, and he's been playing top level matches for 14-15 seasons. That's a lot of matches on his legs and knees, and you're going to see it more and more.

Last edited:

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
106126254_10207449600436394_1812455694456283104_n.jpg

@darko

Reactions: darko

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Were you frustrated after Rijkaard's second season, when they only managed to win the league after van Gaal ruined the club prior to that? Did you keep thinking about their Chelsea loss while they were coming down the stretch to win that league? That's really the only comparable, but I had to wait far longer than you did. I have to assume not because that would be completely ludicrous and absurd.

Rijkaard's second season isn't remotely comparable because our team didn't win CL the year before and we didn't finish second in the league by only one point. I can reference 2007-08 though. Very frustrated there because Ronaldinho was off the rails and Rijkaard had lost control of the team. Seeing that talent go to waste for two seasons was difficult to see. Of course that's different than not prioritizing a competition.

Pretty sure this whole debate started because Liverpool fans are more than happy with Liverpool not being perfect and winning even more than they already have, but eh.

Well you'd be wrong, again. Not sure why it's so difficult for you to follow along. And don't forget to lecture LITN for judging me because I remember times when Barça failed to live up to their potential.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
That's what people say when they don't remember what it is like to win. The team isn't perfect. We just had pages worth of arguments over that.

However:

hL6Xsyn.png

Look at those records. They speak volumes. They have broken every points record except so far the one at the end of the season.

Yep, really weak league this season. Of course this is a fantastic Liverpool side.

I think after this season, Liverpool fans deserve to be arrogant.

:facepalm:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Here's what you said.

Right, I said that two players who are much more proven at the top level who have just been bought will play ahead of him, and they will. Ziyech and Werner are both better players and more proven. Then I went on to say that if Pulisic keeps playing like this he'll get to play.

I'm genuinely curious why Ziyech and Werner will knock Pulisic out of a position. They aren't more proven at the top level, they weren't more expensive, it's not even clear they will be playing the same positions.

Werner and Ziyech can both play on the wing, and Abraham is favored by the manager (as well as Mount, tbh, who also spends some time there though it's not his best position). They're also both more proven, rated higher almost everywhere, and when did price enter the discussion?

But, of course, Pulisic is an overrated American player, so we always need to find someone who we think should play ahead of him.

He certainly is/was an overrated American player, but that doesn't mean he can't be good. I never derided his quality in that post, in fact, the implication was that he was playing well or I wouldn't have said he'd get more time if he kept playing as he was.

Thank you for playing captain obvious that he'll play if he continues to have excellent per minute numbers. No one could've figured that out. The fact that you said that clearly shows you actually like Pulisic, and you didn't mean any slight to him with your comment that is a clear slight to him.

So you just want to be a dick, that's cool. Especially given how much you call out others for acting that way toward you and then promptly take your ball and go home.

Excuse me, but this whole discussion about Pulisic was prompted because I was mocked from a discussion in September when he wasn't playing. People talked about how bad he was, overrated, only there to sell shirts. I merely said it's unfair to criticize a player when they aren't playing, and we needed to let his play on the field dictate the evaluation. Now it's clear at the end of the season that these people who said these things were wrong. He's proven them wrong.

I could be rude and smug about being on the right side of this debate from September, but I've chosen not to. I don't want to go back, find ridiculous quotes, and shame the people who said the ridiculous things. But don't mock me when you were blatantly wrong. I'm not going to have any of that, and then I will absolutely go on the offensive towards people who took part. I didn't start digging up people's quotes on Sunday or today or halfway through the season when he was playing very well.

Personally, if I was clearly wrong about what I said, and it was proven out, I'd just shut my mouth and suck it up that I was wrong. However, if you or others want to double and triple down on your ridiculous takes from September, we can revive this debate, and maybe I should dig up some of these posts.

And your attempt to make this an issue of my affiliation is ridiculous, and shows that you've backed yourself into a corner. As I've long said, among American fans, I am not a big fan of Pulisic. I don't like his style of play, find him to be a very boring off-field persona, never considered him one of my favorite up and coming Americans. There are plenty of people who go crazy about this guy. They have his jersey, watch his every game, are inspired by him. None of that applies to me.

However, I don't actively dislike the guy, and when I see a clear improvement, I'm going to give him credit. Anyone who isn't a clear hater could see he's much improved this season. Anyone who isn't a hater wouldn't have been calling him overhyped or only there to sell shirts prematurely before he even played 10 games. To me, the only thing that makes sense of why people said this stuff is that the guy is American. I don't see much to dislike about the guy. He seems like a very boring, generic-style talented 21 year old footballer. Doesn't cause attention to himself, doesn't have off the field issues, not an outwardly cocky player. Obviously some have it out for the guy because he's American. Thats always been clear.

And why would I care so much about him being a former Dortmund player? He was very average his last year or two. We have plenty of wing options. It wasn't much of a loss that he left. Of course, I doubt you know how I view any of this. I wouldn't begin to suggest I know your inner-motivations in a Sepp van den Berg discussion because it has never crossed my mind, and its not something I think I would be doing anything more than guessing about. It takes a lot of arrogance to suggest what you've suggested, but congratulations. And you were simply wrong, so I've now educated you about my own opinion, and instead of trying to deflect the discussion towards my perceived bias due to footballing affiliations, why don't you stick to the substance?

You could be rude and smug? You literally just went after me for saying that I think two top level players coming in might limit his gametime, but if he continues at his current form they won't have a choice but to play him acting super smug and petulant in the process. In multiple other topics you literally immediately went after my affiliation with being Dutch and/or Canadian in an attempt not to talk about substance when it was presented to you and called me a biased homer in each occasion.

Like I've said many times before I don't have any issue with Pulisic or anything against him. I didn't think he was as good as he was being hyped up to be and I didn't specify anyone that was saying that either. Thanks for 'educating' me on my own opinion while simultaneously being a hypocrite though.

If he turns out to be a starting quality winger for a team that has CL and PL winning aspirations I'll definitely eat my words and admit I was wrong as I have in many cases (unlike some people). I have no issues with being wrong. I love the discussion and part of that is sometimes being wrong, and learning.

All this over the fact that I didn't gush over him and overtly say I think he's been good? In case you were wondering I do think he's been good, and he's definitely shown his talent. He's not in an easy spot to stake a claim over though and he needs to show this level consistently to make that spot his especially when there are guys like Werner, Ziyech, Abraham, Callum Hudson-Odoi, etc. looking to get as many minutes as possible.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
I have a conspiracy theory.

Man Utd is not really comparable. SAF purposely left Utd in such a bad state, just to add to his legacy and hired his buddy Moyes to make himself look better. He won his last title mainly due to Carrick and RvP having insane seasons and neither hit those heights ever again. Their CB pairing were like 34 avg age.

Imagine if Pep said to Barca that I want Unai Emery as my successor and they actually went through with it.

Sir Alex loved Sir Alex more than he loved Utd.

The facts of the outcome are undeniable - and it's certainly implausible that a man with the ego necessary to be as successful as Ferguson would relish the possibility of his successor surpassing his achievements. (Which would have been a stretch in terms of EPL titles, but not Champions Leagues. Any future Manchester United boss who takes less than a quarter of a century to win two of the latter can reasonably claim to have outperformed the old tyrant).

Still, I'd tend to think the above more affected his decision-making at a subconscious level.

I think what was probably conscious, and damaging, was Ferguson's failure to accept that he was the last of the old patrician managers who stayed at clubs for decades, with all the key powers devolving to them. By seeking a candidate who he hoped would continue his way of doing things, he created a selection criteria that only a backward-looking, inferior appointment would meet.

When assessing Ferguson, we mustn't overlook the significance that he entrenched his authority prior to the Bosman ruling transforming player relations. Yes, he continued to thrive afterwards, but the foundation was the winning tradition he'd already built - the authority that comes from being able to say, 'stick with me and you'll win everything. Defy me, and you'll watch someone else win the medals you should have had on the telly.' That's an authority Moyes manifestly could not wield, and increasingly rare thanks to player power and the financial arms race among the richest clubs.

Reactions: Ceremony

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Right, I said that two players who are much more proven at the top level who have just been bought will play ahead of him, and they will. Ziyech and Werner are both better players and more proven. Then I went on to say that if Pulisic keeps playing like this he'll get to play.

Werner and Ziyech can both play on the wing, and Abraham is favored by the manager (as well as Mount, tbh, who also spends some time there though it's not his best position). They're also both more proven, rated higher almost everywhere, and when did price enter the discussion?

He certainly is/was an overrated American player, but that doesn't mean he can't be good. I never derided his quality in that post, in fact, the implication was that he was playing well or I wouldn't have said he'd get more time if he kept playing as he was.

So you just want to be a dick, that's cool. Especially given how much you call out others for acting that way toward you and then promptly take your ball and go home.

You could be rude and smug? You literally just went after me for saying that I think two top level players coming in might limit his gametime, but if he continues at his current form they won't have a choice but to play him acting super smug and petulant in the process. In multiple other topics you literally immediately went after my affiliation with being Dutch and/or Canadian in an attempt not to talk about substance when it was presented to you and called me a biased homer in each occasion.

Like I've said many times before I don't have any issue with Pulisic or anything against him. I didn't think he was as good as he was being hyped up to be and I didn't specify anyone that was saying that either. Thanks for 'educating' me on my own opinion while simultaneously being a hypocrite though.

If he turns out to be a starting quality winger for a team that has CL and PL winning aspirations I'll definitely eat my words and admit I was wrong as I have in many cases (unlike some people). I have no issues with being wrong. I love the discussion and part of that is sometimes being wrong, and learning.

All this over the fact that I didn't gush over him and overtly say I think he's been good? In case you were wondering I do think he's been good, and he's definitely shown his talent. He's not in an easy spot to stake a claim over though and he needs to show this level consistently to make that spot his especially when there are guys like Werner, Ziyech, Abraham, Callum Hudson-Odoi, etc. looking to get as many minutes as possible.

1. Let's start with this "more proven" thing for Ziyech and Werner. What specifically makes them more proven? The transfer market doesn't think so and they haven't yet played and played well in the Premier League like Pulisic has (something I've been told in the past is a requirement).

I guess I could understand the argument for Werner, but I was specifically told that how you play in the Bundesliga doesn't matter because the Premier League is a different kettle of fish. It's not like he's some huge star either for the German National Team or in European competitions. With Ziyech, he doesn't even play in a top league or play for a top National Team. I'm not sure I understand the argument for him. In fact, I've heard many times over how players from the Eredivisie need to prove themselves before anyone can take them seriously.

2. You inserted yourself into a discussion that no one mentioned you. You slighted him purposely, and felt the need to pushback on any idea that he might've proved some people wrong. It was important for you to make that point that he hasn't, as if you are some neutral party to this, and you aren't one of the people that feels like you are part of the group that clearly criticized the guy. Yet, you refuse to change your mind and say he might not be overrated.

Just be up front, and stop hiding behind some fake label of being overrated. Who the f*** rates him? If the majority of you don't rate him and criticize him, clearly he's not well rated. How about we just discuss the substance of the player's performances and their standing and not hide behind faux-discussions that obfuscate the content of the discussion because it clearly doesn't favor your viewpoint? Giving generic statements that players will keep their place if they continue to play very well is not proof that you like a player or are willing to be fair to them. You don't need to like a player, but don't pretend you like Pulisic or are fair to him.

3. No, I don't want to be a dick. I didn't want anything to do with this discussion. I didn't start it. I was mocked, and I'm sorry if you don't like this but I'm not going to sit here and be walked all over. As insane as it sounds, I was mocked by people who made incorrect predictions on what they are mocking me for. They can't swallow their pride, and either admit they got it wrong or shut their mouth. Instead, they try to bait me into fights that don't favor them. So yes, I will respond when I was mocked. I will then expose these people, and if you want to raise your hand as someone who needs to partake, don't cry foul that I questioned the things you said.

4. I have never said to gush over Pulisic. You clearly didn't read my last post, if thats what you think is what I'm going for here. I've merely said all along to be fair to the player. There are a bunch of you that clearly don't like the player for reasons that I think are very obvious and have mentioned before. Keep that dislike to yourself or you will be scrutinized for the things you claim. I have never asked you or anyone to gush over Pulisic or any American player. I will however ask for fairness in how American players are assessed, and I will ask not to be mocked about a discussion from nearly a year ago that the mockers ended up being in the wrong about. I don't think thats a lot to ask. Remember, I didn't start this discussion, nor have I made a previous attempt to call out the people who clearly got it wrong.

5. I guess this is the difference between you and I. I'm not a hypocrite. I will admit upfront that I thought you recently made a ridiculous comment about a player you have an affiliation to, and I thought it was because of your affiliation. If I make a ridiculous comment because of an affiliation I have, please call me on it. If it actually happens, I have no problem being kept in check. However, I don't think I've made ridiculous comments boasting Pulisic. I explained to you why thats not something I would do.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Damn I didn't realize Pulisic was so good that he was immune from any criticism ever...
His bias and defensiveness over anything American or Dortmund related means so I guess.

I really didn’t think saying he might not get consistent time with Ziyech and Werner coming in who are well known proven talents but that he might just force their hands with performances like this, was a criticism anyway. I don’t really care about all this other stuff or supposed mocking. Especially given I don’t like or dislike Pulisic and have no reason to, I thought it was a pretty fair assessment.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
You guys are arguing over something that isn't even accurate. Ziyech and Werner are not likely at all to impact Pulisic's playing time in a meaningful way, regardless of who is better.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
You guys are arguing over something that isn't even accurate. Ziyech and Werner are not likely at all to impact Pulisic's playing time in a meaningful way, regardless of who is better.
It should in the sense that Werner can be used on the left wing and Ziyech will likely be used on the right. Mount is an AM and Abraham is a striker. CHO will also be fighting for minutes so that creates a big competition for places. Werner obviously would be better as a striker but unless he switches to a 4-4-2 (which also doesn’t favour Pulisic IMO) then Werner is likely to spend time out wide to accommodate Tammy who Lampard clearly favours.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
It should in the sense that Werner can be used on the left wing and Ziyech will likely be used on the right. Mount is an AM and Abraham is a striker. CHO will also be fighting for minutes so that creates a big competition for places. Werner obviously would be better as a striker but unless he switches to a 4-4-2 (which also doesn’t favour Pulisic IMO) then Werner is likely to spend time out wide to accommodate Tammy who Lampard clearly favours.
Werner will play over Abraham all things being equal, and Lampard has already said publicly that having Werner will hopefully push Abraham to be even better since it's competition. Lampard wants more of the Giroud-type skill set in his striker, and Werner fits that far better than Abraham right now while also being a better scorer than Giroud.

That isn't to say there won't be rotation, there has to be. EPL, Europe, and domestic trophies means a ton of games.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
One of the biggest knocks I've always had on him was his end-product, but he's shown improvement in that, and his all-round play in terms of pressing and other aspects. He always had talent and potential, and he's definitely realizing that potential.

I really don't think he was overrated as an American player. Maybe a tad over-hyped at one point, but he's the first American to produce quality numbers at a big club, and on top of that at a young age, he's justified the hype.

There is also some weird takes on the Chelsea roster and the preferences of Lampard. We have no idea how Werner and Ziyech will be used. Part of their appeal is their flexibility. Werner could be LW or ST, and Ziyech could be RW or CAM. Pulisic right now is the first choice LW. We also have no idea what formation Lampard will prefer when the new players arrive. Will Werner and Abraham play together? Will Abraham become more of a rotational/spot-starter? We just don't know. The quality players will play, simple as that, I'm not worried about Pulisic's minutes.

We didn't buy Werner to be a LW, so it's not like we brought someone in that will clearly knock him out of the lineup. Ziyech doesn't play the left, and if we even get Havertz, that's not someone that would compete with him.

Reactions: Blender

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Werner will play over Abraham all things being equal, and Lampard has already said publicly that having Werner will hopefully push Abraham to be even better since it's competition. Lampard wants more of the Giroud-type skill set in his striker, and Werner fits that far better than Abraham right now while also being a better scorer than Giroud.

That isn't to say there won't be rotation, there has to be. EPL, Europe, and domestic trophies means a ton of games.
Werner and Giroud are about as different as strikers can be IMO.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Werner and Giroud are about as different as strikers can be IMO.
They are obviously not the same, the point was that Werner is much better at link up plays than Abaraham, and that's where Giroud excels. They both don't play the same type of holding role that Giroud is so good at, but they are both very good at playing off of teammates.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
His bias and defensiveness over anything American or Dortmund related means so I guess.

When you repeat things like this after this discussion, I lose respect for you.

To try to keep repeating this and play victim is pretty outrageous, given the course of events of this discussion. It's there for everyone to see though.

And, of course, you don't actually want to address any of the substance. You just want to play a sneak attack game where you accuse others of only being motivated by bias triggering this back and forth where you act out your own biases. PROJECTION.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
They are obviously not the same, the point was that Werner is much better at link up plays than Abaraham, and that's where Giroud excels. They both don't play the same type of holding role that Giroud is so good at, but they are both very good at playing off of teammates.
I just don’t see that though and it’s what I was referring to. His ability in possession and link up play are some of the weakest parts of his game, but we’ll see how he adjusts anyway.

At the end of the day I don’t think anyone can be confident that Lampard will give Pulisic consistent minutes with increased competition given how this season has gone but if you are that’s cool. I’m not convinced yet; didn’t know I had to be.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

I really didn’t think saying he might not get consistent time with Ziyech and Werner coming in who are well known proven talents but that he might just force their hands with performances like this, was a criticism anyway. I don’t really care about all this other stuff or supposed mocking. Especially given I don’t like or dislike Pulisic and have no reason to, I thought it was a pretty fair assessment.
I mean saying Pulisic had a rough start to the year is just a fact. It doesn't mean he sucks, he isn't going to be good, or isn't playing well now. It just means he clearly had some adjusting to do when he changed teams and leagues as he is clearly much better now than he was 6 months ago. Just weird.

Reactions: YNWA14

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
When you repeat things like this after this discussion, I lose respect for you.

To try to keep repeating this and play victim is pretty outrageous, given the course of events of this discussion. It's there for everyone to see though.

And, of course, you don't actually want to address any of the substance. You just want to play a sneak attack game. You accuse others of only being motivated by bias, but here you are triggering this back and forth due to your own biases. PROJECTION.
Feel free. You have turned this into a giant argument because I didn’t praise Pulisic enough for your liking and you wanted me to revise what I said based on your opinion. Grow up. You’re throwing a hissy fit because of your own bias and then acting like claiming someone has bias is running from the argument even though you do it in most of your debates. It’s really bizarre but please continue.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I mean saying Pulisic had a rough start to the year is just a fact. It doesn't mean he sucks, he isn't going to be good, or isn't playing well now. It just means he clearly had some adjusting to do when he changed teams and leagues as he is clearly much better now than he was 6 months ago. Just weird.
Also even though he’s playing better now this is still a small sample size and there’s a lot of change to come. I don’t fault anyone for waiting and seeing how it goes. I do it with Liverpool players all the time (see Fabinho, Salah, though those are performing at different levels to Pulisic obviously).

But yeah it’s a really weird argument.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->