GWT: PL Matchweek 26

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
They should try drawing the line at the point the defender could play the ball as well.

I have no problem with that call either way. And if in doubt I prefer linesmen/women allowing the play to go on.

Just a bit funny with managers selectively complaining. Klopp isn’t the worst, but what makes it extra funny with Klopp is how he always pretends not to complain, but still does it. A bit like people breaking up conversations and/or meetings by saying “I’m not going to disturb” for then to do actually that. Saying you won’t will not change the fact of what you are doing.

Credit to Liverpool for looking like a team again. I think Wijnaldum helped, but I also thought Bournemouth looked poor after a decent start. I guess they just aren’t deep enough to cover up even for a few injuries/problems.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Iheanacho really never took the next step, huh.

I remember being told he was better than Rashford by a lot of people.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
He falls too easily, but only Oliver can give a yellow in a situation like that.

I personally don’t think it is a penalty, but in “modern football” those kind of touches usually lead to one. Yellow is a joke. Not that it means much.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Yeah. Still prone to the odd mistake, but plays with a lot more confidence on the ball these days. 1-2 more years and I think he’ll be van Dijk lite.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Winks missed a diagonal pass to Rose. Other than that he has been basically perfect. Breaking up plays. Recycling. Running passed players. Slowing the tempo when needed.

Sissoko and Skipp have been poor though. So struggling in midfield.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Letting a guy who just subbed on take the penalty seems like a weird move to make there.

Kind of a weak call on the penalty anyway. Maddison seemed to initiate contact and go down easy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad