GWT: PL Matchweek 26

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
? Clear foul. Arm impedes the goalkeeper as his arms are going up.
I don't care about Ritche or whatever other whataboutitsm... That's just a clear foul.
goalies arms were fully extended in the air.. did you open your eyes?

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Kane's great , he's just super clunky, and I think that turns a lot of people off.

A lot of my Serie A pals think he's vastly overrated, but I disagree. He's worked his socks off to become one of the best, and despite not being one of the most flashy, he's a guy I'd take on my team any day.

He is outstanding. Great soccer IQ too, if I had to pick a 9 for my team it would be him (or Mbappe)

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I think that's fair, he's not the best in the air but has good timing etc. - still doesn't help vs top defenders who tower over him...
But out of all the guys we mentioned, he's possibly the best "penalty box snake", sneaking behind defenders and exploiting the little space he gets.

Oh, yeah for sure head to head he's hard pressed at winning the ball in the air but he's top notch IQ gets him a good amount of goals.

He’s averaged basically 30 goals a years for the last 10 seasons. So I mean while he’s definitely behind those 3 I don’t think he’s miles behind considering he’s probably the most well rounded striker in the world.

It's the goals he misses that's the real issue.

Huh, how so?
Cavani gets the most chances of any striker out there because he's outstanding off the ball.
In fact, he's the one carrying Uruguay. Cavani's goal scoring record at CF is impeccable.

No one said anything about off the ball or his work rate. It's the bottling of chances that the issue. He's a fantastic player but het lacks the lethality of some of the guys mentioned. As a striker that separates you from the rest considering their job is to score goals. I'd still only take a handful of players over him and NO way would I take the likes of Kane over him.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
You seem to miss something in your logic. :dunno:
If a player scores more out of more chances, he may not be as lethal, but he's producing better.
As you said "their job is score goals". Cavani does it better than anyone, not because he's lethal but because he masters the art of being at the right place at the right time and ALWAYS offers his teammates a passing chance.

There are some players out there who are lethal but have low IQ and are never in a position to score. That's of course not Aguero or Kane's profile, but Cavani is much better at this than both.

No way you take Cavani over Kane. To each his own. I know I'd go with Cavani for a war on a pitch. He's the ultimate warrior. He'll do everything to win. He'll run for 90 minutes and if I have good passers, he's my choice. Because he'll get 5 golden chances and score 2. He might bottle the other 3, but other strikers wouldn't get more than 2 golden chances and score 1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad