GWT: PL Matchweek 24/25

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
So beating Cardiff at home and we are starting to talk about St. Tottringhams day?

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Pretty big opportunity missed though. The belief at least is that they're not going to be dropping points like that often. Hopefully we don't either.
Since the start of December Liverpool have gained 7 points on Ciyy. Still a massive two days.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Pretty big opportunity missed though. The belief at least is that they're not going to be dropping points like that often. Hopefully we don't either.
Definitely an opportunity missed but still positive to gain a point on City when they were playing the Toon. I thought if City was going to drop points, it would be against United.

That Robertson foul hurts. They also need a better bench option than Lallana.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
5 points lead is great considering that the ref just robbed us of points. Hopefully we get more fat bastards officiating our matches.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Didn't even notice the Chelsea score...think this is record time for them to be throwing their manager to the wolves even for that lot.
It's getting to AVB level, sticking to tactics that are clearly not working. All teams have to do is man-mark Jorginho and the whole thing falls apart. We aren't creative enough offensively to really do anything in the final 3rd, so we end up very vulnerable on the counter.

It's a combo of the board not bringing in proper players and Sarri being an ideologue on tactics.

Reactions: gary69

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Frustrating but not surprising. Thought to my self before the game that this is the type of night that usually end up being frustrating. Biggest rivals dropped points the night before, snow which is affecting the pitch and a tricky team on the other side. Trying to have a positive look on it and think how we gained 1 point but it's hard to not be super frustrated..

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Thought Klopp's subs were pretty bad too. Firmino and Keita were looking two of the most dangerous for Liverpool before he gave them the hook and Lallana/Sturridge were pretty poor (Sturridge in particular).

Wish the ref would have called that stonewall penalty vs. Keita...he could have used the confidence boost. He can't catch a break this season.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
2nd time that Chelsea have lost by a 4 goal margin in the Premier League, the other time was in 96.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Blah
Didn't even watch.. somewhat happy I didn't

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Looked like a penalty on Keita. Generally speaking, is stepping on another man's foot not a foul?
It was a clear penalty, the announcers were oddly saying that it could be 50/50 which I didn't understand since he clearly got Keita in full flight. No idea how it wasn't called but it is what it is.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I’m not entirely sure how that wasn’t offside but I’m not mad either

I assume they counted the Luiz touch as playing the ball instead of a deflection. All things considered, I think that’s a fair interpretation given that attacker was trying to go around him instead of pass it to the guy who was offside.

Also, was a clear missed pen on Keita. Shouldn’t really be any debate.

Spurs have saved 4 points late the last couple weeks. That’s huge for them since they only be 3 clear of 5th and still have several weeks with injuries.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Penalty, but they should probably give a couple of those Salah ones back so... nothing to get that upset about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->