GWT: PL Matchweek 24/25

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
City has 4 losses in the league the last 8 weeks. Liverpool win tomorrow, it will be very tough for City to catch them.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Brighton had such a solid chance of 3 points away today. what a terrible turn of events that was...

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I thought they might drop points tomorrow due to the injury crisis in defense.

If they win the game it will be hard to keep my thoughts in check. It wouldn't be over but...

City plays Arsenal, at Everton, and Chelsea next. Hopefully they drop points in two of those and decide to focus on other competitions.
I hate playing the eleven-years old "my team is worst off than yours" tomfoolery, but have you seen Arsenal's injury crisis? If Arsenal wins, it will be more Man City playing subpar as they have this season than us being magical. I mean Arsenal is always magical, but Wenger did his best to make us second rate.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I hate playing the eleven-years old "my team is worst off than yours" tomfoolery, but have you seen Arsenal's injury crisis? If Arsenal wins, it will be more Man City playing subpar as they have this season than us being magical. I mean Arsenal is always magical, but Wenger did his best to make us second rate.

Arsenal have a greater crisis than an injury crisis, they suck.

However, Newcastle aren't any great shakes and took points today.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Everyone's talking about City, but fair play to Newcastle, they played a very good game.
Names on paper aren't great, but they played tight, disciplined, were able to create and press when possible - and really, City managed to create very little on the whole.

All of a sudden, they're in 14th, with a very good shot at staying up.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
A Benitez led side was never a legit relegation candidate for me.

Mike Ashley doesn't deserve a manager of that calibre.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
They were legit because they have a whole lot of mediocre to poor players, no transfer funds, and odds are any player who is worth something might be sold.

Rafa is a good enough manager to keep them up, but I think many wondered if he was going to tolerate the continual joke that has been Mike Ashley. I know he feels connected to the fans (like he has stated a number of times) and also I think there's a hope that a new ownership group would buy and give him funding, but it's still a bit of a shock that he is still managing there.

Reactions: Stray Wasp

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
Everyone's talking about City, but fair play to Newcastle, they played a very good game.
Names on paper aren't great, but they played tight, disciplined, were able to create and press when possible

Please delete this post.

Not that I disagree with it, you understand. I'm asking on behalf of the slack-jawed English media xenophobes and Guild of Bitter, Nonentity English coaches who still slate Benitez at every opportunity. After all, everything you say implies a team organised well by their boss.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Just saw lineups for LFC - LCFC.

No idea what is going on with Liverpool's right side.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Hendo playing RB.

As I said yesterday, I expect points dropped. Newcastle did us a favor making sure City wouldn’t gain ground.

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Hendo playing RB.

As I said yesterday, I expect points dropped. Newcastle did us a favor making sure City wouldn’t gain ground.
I'm glad the game is at Anfield. The lineup they picked doesnt give them a choice, but the play might just be to outscore them and win 4-2

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Alisson is gonna ship a goal today.

Salah needs to slide Firmino in there...

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
So before anyone calls that a dive...are you allowed to hold someone back with both arms like Maguire just did on Salah...whether he goes down or not?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->