PL Matchweek 23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The way they were playing today, they definitely lose two points if going down to 10 in the first half. At least two points anyway.

Now that they didn't, it's looking pretty good overall. Other than a top team playing at Anfield, Liverpool was most likely to drop points against this lot at home and they didn't.

Camacho could have a difficult game against Leicester, but Fabinho may slot in at RB as he used to do. That's a bit of a concern but it could be worse. This is all still a bit surreal to me. There's going to be a point late this season away from home like when Benayoun scored against Fulham and it will probably be the difference between the title or not.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
No, I was referring to this one. That was Townsend, and to me, it looks like Mane's got underhooks there and pushes Townsend's arms up with this own. Not intentional, not a penalty, certainly not a stonewall miss...
We have a different opinion, and that's okay. I think they got tangled up but Townsend arm is too high in the air for Mane to have pushed it up. Also this was called a foul on Liverpool and I dont think this qualifies as that either

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I’m on the fence on the handball and wouldn’t have any big complaints regardless of the way it went.

The palace player has his hand in an unnatural position, but he also gets helped into the ball by the attacker.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Their penalty rate when compared with the league (especially at home) prior to the last few they’ve got was dismal. All teams go through phases of good calls and not, and yes, better teams get better calls, though that’s partially down to their having the ball and better players. It’s how it works.

As for needing a RB, they’ve got options. They could 3 at the back (doubtful), but I think Gomez is almost back. If he isn’t, Camacho or Fabinho is fine for a match.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

You could play him at CB if you wanted to, but I wouldn't recommend it. I can't think of many guys who even if they seem to be rotated more than they'd like who would be attainable. Odriozola comes to mind, but I doubt Madrid would shift their backup. Only guy I can think of at the moment would be Almamy Toure. @Evilo would know his situation better than I, but despite the fact I think he's injured he hasn't figured much this season though I think that was pre-Henry. Either way his contract is up this Summer unless he's renewed and perhaps could be had pending his injury status.

Anyone feels like the momentum is United and maybe even Arsenal pushing Chelsea out of the top 4? And Spurs not really safe either.

I said this a match or two into Solskjaer's tenure. People here were saying United couldn't catch Chelsea, Arsenal or Spurs. Now they're level with Arsenal, three points off Chelsea and probably seven points off of Spurs after tomorrow. I listened to Solskjaer's post match press conference today and once again I was nodding in agreement. Funnily enough they had Mourinho on some BeIn panel and it was typical Mourinho. Too bad nobody had the guts to stand up to him. Maybe get that guy who called out Dugarry to do it.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Camacho could have a difficult game against Leicester, but Fabinho may slot in at RB as he used to do. That's a bit of a concern but it could be worse. This is all still a bit surreal to me. There's going to be a point late this season away from home like when Benayoun scored against Fulham and it will probably be the difference between the title or not.

Thought I read somewhere that Klopp said pre game that TAA is day by day so he could very well be back against Leicester

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
They tried to get McGuire, didn't they? Think I would take Debbie Harry at this point.

At least Dier is back. I guess? Not sure I would rather them just throw a youngster in there though.

Last edited:

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Or maybe they should confuse us some more by adding more Kyle Walker's. Took me quite a while to realise Kyle Walker and Kyle Walker Peters were two different persons. Just thought Walker Peters was his full name lol. Can't have two guys with the same (almost) name playing the same position

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I want to say as a huge Kovacic fan when he first joined Inter, but he was non-existent yesterday and for a large number of matches this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad