GWT: PL Matchweek 22

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Regarding sticking it in, if we close this thing out early and we're playing games in April and May where we can't be caught, but we're going far in cup competitions, do we ultimately prioritize a potential treble or putting up grotesque Premier League numbers?

Honestly I say F the FA cup. 100% Premier League and Champions League. Invincibles would go down in the history books and be remembered for a long long time, FA cup #something will not. Invincibles/point record and #7 it is.

Reactions: Machinehead

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Honestly I say F the FA cup. 100% Premier League and Champions League. Invincibles would go down in the history books and be remembered for a long long time, FA cup #something will not. Invincibles/point record and #7 it is.
I'll sign up for this.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I really don’t understand how anyone can prioritize something over a treble.
The brilliant British media is trying to loop this Liverpool team with the Arsenal Invincibles so they can create that narrative since they have nothing better to talk about, (besides using VAR as an excuse not to talk about how bad the refs are), Klopp obviously isn’t having that though.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
No such thing as a stupid question... and I genuinely had no idea. Never been to the UK
Neither have I because my job pays me in hot dogs.

But the Liverpool pub in Midtown, NY has a full-sized big ears (as is our right as five-time winners) and I often go there to pick it up after I finish shitposting on HF.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Neither have I because my job pays me in hot dogs.

But the Liverpool pub in Midtown, NY has a full-sized big ears (as is our right as five-time winners) and I often go there to pick it up after I finish ****posting on HF.
Kezar in San Francisco had one today there too

Reactions: Machinehead

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
My main takeaway from today is that Dwight McNeil is the only worthwhile player on Burnley and they'll be lucky to hang onto him for longer than this season.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
My main takeaway from today is that Dwight McNeil is the only worthwhile player on Burnley and they'll be lucky to hang onto him for longer than this season.
Shhhhh. Dwight McNeil is my outside the box Andy Robertson backup. He would be insane as a left back in Klopp’s system. At least Larouci isn’t too shabby

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
Man City have lost so many points in the Prem because of bad luck and horrible mistakes in key moments of matches.

I might equally say Norwich City has lost many points in the Prem because of horrible mistakes in key moments of matches.

Of course, the difference between Norwich City and Man City is that we should sympathise with Guardiola's lot on account of it being a team strung together on such a tiny budget that it's inevitably going to comprise the type of second-raters who can't survive 90 minutes at this level without bungling.

I just hope that next summer Man City spend a decent amount of money for once, otherwise how else is ugly, smelly, stupid LUCKYPOOL and their Overrated Loser-Fraud coach Klopp (only a slight exaggeration of how Klopp was being described in certain quarters as recently as the first half of 2019 on account of all those lost cup finals and failing to hold the lead they had about twelve months ago. I hearby propose that if Liverpool are eliminated from the European Cup we can upgrade Klopp to an Overrated One Season Wonder Fraud) ever going to be stopped?

IceColdOx

Jan 29, 2019
Watertown, NY
Finally got to sit down and watch United and this is want. Smash teams below you and take full points. I hope they learned from the Watford loss. Just hope United can get some players at the window so there's some depth. They'll run out of gas if they don't.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Hopefully, they have a better squad than their record. Just got off to a horrendous start.
Yeah. I think Norwich already punched their ticket. I think out of Bournemouth, Burnley and Villa, it’ll come down to who ever gets Allardyce first to be safe. Only half kidding.

Reactions: Blender

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Mahrez puts City up. That’s enough for me. Going to brunch

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
that is pathetic from Drinkwater....absolutely pathetic...maybe thats why he can't get a game with anyone? He would struggle in League 1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->