GWT: PL Matchweek 22

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Would like to see Keita build some confidence. If anything he might have lost some in those few minutes since stopped playing cause he thought he was fouled and it went the other way.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Pretty remarkable that Klopp(VVD) has turned Liverpool from being defensively weak to a defensive powerhouse. You would've thought if Liverpool would win an EPL title it would be on the backs of their forwards. So, far it''s not.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Keita needs to find some kind of spark because after his bright start he's been getting worse, not better.

Also @Duchene2MacKinnon that's the kind of stuff I'm talking about. :P It's often in the build up play too where he just holds onto the ball too long fairly consistently. The thing is he gets into so many good positions that out of sheer volume he creates chances consistently.

But yeah, adding van Dijk, Alisson and Robertson as well as playing a much more patient, pragmatic style has really made Liverpool more consistent.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Keita needs to find some kind of spark because after his bright start he's been getting worse, not better.

Also @Duchene2MacKinnon that's the kind of stuff I'm talking about. :P It's often in the build up play too where he just holds onto the ball too long fairly consistently. The thing is he gets into so many good positions that out of sheer volume he creates chances consistently.

Oh it's pretty obvious he has holes in his game. I just mean LFC supporters can't criticize him... I can he's not bringing me any trophies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
City had the best defensive record in the league last year...

Actually 13/14 is the last time the winner wasn’t either the best defensive record or within a goal of it.
They also had 22 more goals than 2nd place and only 11 goals conceded less. Having the best defence doesn't automatically get you a title just ask Atleti or Juve in terms of CL. You really need both.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
They also had 22 more goals than 2nd place and only 11 goals conceded less. Having the best defence doesn't automatically get you a title just ask Atleti or Juve in terms of CL. You really need both.
I don’t take the phrase literally. I interpret it as you’re probably not going to win titles by depending on 5-4 or 3-2 wins like it seemed Liverpool did for a few years.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Pep has always been the best defensive coach.
Keeping the ball is the best defensive strategy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad