GWT: PL Matchweek 21

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Great. he gets blamed for it, despite the numerous provocations of his coach, while the other players clearly "did everything they could".

Oh other players have been bad. His manager didn’t help him, sure, but the best outfield player, with one of the highest transfer fees ever deserves a decent chunk of the blame.

Reactions: Fred McCarthy

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Title won’t be decided tomorrow but I would never dare think that if Liverpool were 9 points behind that they would make up those 9 points.

The match tomorrow is uniquely enormous considering the team in front hasn’t lost yet. We’ll see what happens and obviously I’m very much looking forward to this. I would take a draw.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
No those comments were made just before Mourinho's firing when everyone here discussed that he should be fired.
When assessing United's talents, those words were said.
While you were saying United shouldn't fire Mou because no high profile manager would be available and nobody could do better anyway.

EDIT : sorry about your aunt BTW.

I said UNLESS, and also didn't say the latter either. Please stop behaving like vorky and attaching words/sentences with me when I've never said them.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
United are tied for the second best form in the last six matches and tied for the best form in the last four matches. They are also only 3 points behind Arsenal, 6 behind Chelsea and 10 behind Spurs with Sanchez back and a manager who will surely get more out of him. Really interested to see the second half of United's season.

For all the attention Mourinho's stupid commentary would get in the press conferences it's kind of amazing that Solskjaer's press conferences don't get more attention for all the right reasons.

I said UNLESS, and also didn't say the latter either. Please stop behaving like vorky and attaching words/sentences with me when I've never said them.

You said there was no suitable replacement available, multiple times. Solskjaer alone has shown that to be wrong. You were a clear Mourinho supporter as well which was laughable to begin with and only became more ridiculous as time went on.

Reactions: Gecklund

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
United are tied for the second best form in the last six matches and tied for the best form in the last four matches. They are also only 3 points behind Arsenal, 6 behind Chelsea and 10 behind Spurs with Sanchez back and a manager who will surely get more out of him. Really interested to see the second half of United's season.

For all the attention Mourinho's stupid commentary would get in the press conferences it's kind of amazing that Solskjaer's press conferences don't get more attention for all the right reasons.

You said there was no suitable replacement available, multiple times. Solskjaer alone has shown that to be wrong. You were a clear Mourinho supporter as well which was laughable to begin with and only became more ridiculous as time went on.

Everything OGS says makes me want him to be our long term manager. I don’t think he will, but man I love listening to him talk about this team. He’s clearly got the best out of Pogba and really looks to be connecting with Rashford as well.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Everything OGS says makes me want him to be our long term manager. I don’t think he will, but man I love listening to him talk about this team. He’s clearly got the best out of Pogba and really looks to be connecting with Rashford as well.

I mean, these 4 wins are nice. And regardless of the competition, these games have to be won by a team like United.
Which wasn't the case this season under Mou.

That said, these are still wins against utterly inferior teams, some hitting a real bad patch of form (like Bournemouth).

All I'm saying is that waiting until April or so to make the call makes sense, and people might change their minds at that point (or not).

Reactions: Gecklund

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I mean, these 4 wins are nice. And regardless of the competition, these games have to be won by a team like United.
Which wasn't the case this season under Mou.

That said, these are still wins against utterly inferior teams, some hitting a real bad patch of form (like Bournemouth).

All I'm saying is that waiting until April or so to make the call makes sense, and people might change their minds at that point (or not).

Like I said, everything he says wants me to keep him around. I seriously doubt he will and chances are he won’t be the right guy to take over anyways.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Oh other players have been bad. His manager didn’t help him, sure, but the best outfield player, with one of the highest transfer fees ever deserves a decent chunk of the blame.
Decent chunk?
Where is the other part then?
You accuse him of being unprofessionnal. You didn't for any other player.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Nah, you're putting words into his mouth :facepalm:

Fred McCarthy

Dec 26, 2018
It me ..Gritty!
Yep so is Arsenal United and Chelsea I don’t understand what you’re trying to say here.

Unless you’re saying Spurs are in the running for the title. They have no chance at the title it will be Liverpool or City.
The Spurs are in the running for the title,. Good chance Liverpool beat Man City today and Man City are in 3rd place behind Liverpool and Tottenham . And you want us to believe the Spurs have no chance at the title and City does ? City have lost 3 of there last 5 Premier League games I think

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

I said big name. I was not a full on Mourinho supporter. I said numerous times, that there needs to be a suitable replacement available and some sort of plan to go with it.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
They fired him a few months too late even. At the depths he reached with them, almost anyone at all would’ve been a suitable replacement.

Reactions: Hot Pockets

Fred McCarthy

Dec 26, 2018
It me ..Gritty!
A massive Liverpool v Manchester event today that either solidifies Liverpools' dream of a Premier League title or gives Manchester a chance to pull back 3 points outright .I wonder if United will be watching the game .Liverpool 3 - City 2

Reactions: YNWA14

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
They fired him a few months too late even. At the depths he reached with them, almost anyone at all would’ve been a suitable replacement.

That's the kind of thinking I was exactly against. People suggested Carrick who is in his first season as assistant. Throwing someone that inexperienced out to the wolves would have ruined his confidence and thus his future. OGS was a better option and depending on his and the teams performance against top teams, I wouldn't mind giving him an extension.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Ya but obviously they weren’t going to replace Mou with Joe Schmo. It was always going to someone somewhat qualified. The point is that Jose lost the confidence of his main players. It as long overdue.

Reactions: Hot Pockets

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC

When 100s of players across 3 major clubs seem to fall out and act "unprofessionally" under his watch, maybe it's time to wonder where the blame lies? Was it Sergio Ramos' fault? Ronaldo? Xabi Alonso? Casillas? They managed to win 3 CL right after. Was it Hazard? Costa? They finished 10th with Mourinho, then won the league the next year. They sure managed to act professionally quick. Hmmmmm.

Nah. Let's just keep the Pogba narrative going.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
The Spurs are in the running for the title,. Good chance Liverpool beat Man City today and Man City are in 3rd place behind Liverpool and Tottenham . And you want us to believe the Spurs have no chance at the title and City does ? City have lost 3 of there last 5 Premier League games I think
Why is there a good chance Liverpool beat City?

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
From a liverpool perspective a draw would be immense and a win unreal.

A win would mean that failure to win the title would be viewed as a massive choke/collapse.

A draw would mean they're still the clear favorites to win and losing it would still be a choke, but not a historical one.

A straight loss would still mean they're favorites, but not runaway, and you could see City reeling them in.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
There are whispers that Andy Robertson's wife went into labor this morning and he could be out today. Supposedly he wasn't on the the team bus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad