GWT: PL Matchweek 21

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
This feels like the last 3 games with a touch less finish.

United looking dangerous on attack, willing to commit numbers forward and attacking well. On defense they look shaky.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Morata is so bad. I wouldn't be unhappy if he never plays another game for Chelsea at this point.

Everything he was supposedly good at while at Real Madrid which was touted in the media and on this board is non-existent here. Guy is useless on the pitch.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Don't think he was hyped on this board.
Everyone said he would flop IIRC. And that the price was horrible.

Reactions: Cassano

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Everyone said he would flop as a goal scorer, the narrative was that he was really good at passing and link up plays, but wouldn't be able to ever score enough to justify the fee as a striker. He's completely lost on the pitch and horrible at playing within the team.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Eden Hazard has yet to score this season with Morata on the pitch.
Hardly surprising, Hazard is at his best when he can play off of someone to create space, and Morata is utterly useless at this. He never goes to the right spot, he can't receive passes properly, he can't hold up the ball and return them properly, etc.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Everyone said he would flop as a goal scorer, the narrative was that he was really good at passing and link up plays, but wouldn't be able to ever score enough to justify the fee as a striker. He's completely lost on the pitch and horrible at playing within the team.
Ah got you, that's true.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Hardly surprising, Hazard is at his best when he can play off of someone to create space, and Morata is utterly useless at this. He never goes to the right spot, he can't receive passes properly, he can't hold up the ball and return them properly, etc.
It’s hilarious that the two big strikers that moved in that window were Lukaku and Morata and this post could be used to describe either of them.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Lascelles' tackle wasn't much different than Bailly's. Only a yellow this time though. Might need Lukaku in the 2nd half, Rashford is getting bullied by Lascelles.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He was pretty hyped on here. I begged the question years ago who was more overrated Koke or Morata. I guess I found out my answer.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
United dominating in possession, had a couple good chances, but also gave up a couple really good chances.

This game could easily be anything from 2 or 3 nil for United to 2 or 3 nil the other way.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Lascelles' tackle wasn't much different than Bailly's. Only a yellow this time though. Might need Lukaku in the 2nd half, Rashford is getting bullied by Lascelles.

Hopefully he gets bullied less in the second half with Lascelles on the yellow and since he should have earned at least 2 other fouls before that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad