GWT: PL Matchweek 21

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
But it does all have to do with money , except for this only title you can elude too . A one off . One year , that you elude too , is the the entire foundation for your statement .. whereas my foundation is built on the rest of a quarter century .
It doesn't matter. Spurs should have won it that year.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It doesn't matter. Spurs should have won it that year.

It's crazy that Tottenham didn't even get 2nd the Leicester year. Arsenal did .

That was their year like 13/14 was Liverpool's year. The only seasons that I thought Liverpool were challengers to win the league since I've been watching (2002/03) were 08/09, 13/14, and this year. The 08/09 team only finished 4 points back of the best Man United team of all time, and Liverpool did the double on them that year. But Liverpool ran out of bodies and drew too many games.

Fred McCarthy

Dec 26, 2018
It me ..Gritty!
It's crazy that Tottenham didn't even get 2nd the Leicester year. Arsenal did .

That was their year like 13/14 was Liverpool's year. The only seasons that I thought Liverpool were challengers to win the league since I've been watching (2002/03) were 08/09, 13/14, and this year. The 08/09 team only finished 4 points back of the best Man United team of all time, and Liverpool did the double on them that year. But Liverpool ran out of bodies and drew too many games.
Once it was apparent that the Foxhunt could not be realized (Leicester won by something like 10 points) the Spurs lost heart giving Arsenal a chance to do what they do best without winning , get as high as they could . If Leicester stumbled , Arsenal would have finished 3rd . I love the " Doesn't matter " comment with Evilo skipping past everything except his focus on the one season ..like most " Big Club " fans would . Leicester lost once in the Premier , I think , after Christmas beating Liverpool and ManCity ( I think ) back to back . Hard to catch a team who won't lose.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Once it was apparent that the Foxhunt could not be realized (Leicester won by something like 10 points) the Spurs lost heart giving Arsenal a chance to do what they do best without winning , get as high as they could . If Leicester stumbled , Arsenal would have finished 3rd . I love the " Doesn't matter " comment with Evilo skipping past everything except his focus on the one season ..like most " Big Club " fans would . Leicester lost once in the Premier , I think , after Christmas beating Liverpool and ManCity ( I think ) back to back . Hard to catch a team who won't lose.
By beating them and this deserve the title?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->