GWT: PL Matchweek 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Were there easy finishes missed?

Never seemed in doubt to me.
Watford definitely had some chances they completely blew with terrible touches. It's misleading to narrow the criteria to "easy finishes" when they had a few breaks with a numbers advantage that they failed spectacularly on, some long shots with a clear look that they hit horribly, etc.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Holy crap! Pukki actually scored a goal!

Last edited:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Not a convincing first half for Chelsea despite all the possession. Need to do better.

Would be great if Pulisic showed up again, has gone back to being pretty passive after his strong few weeks.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
We knew this season would be up and down. We knew this season would be trying.

We don't beat Bournemouth at home. They're a bogey side.

This has been a long few weeks.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Another loss for Chelsea. Really been up and down lately, but not that surprising with how many young guys are playing.

Chelsea are really missing that special attacking talent that can make some magic happen from nothing when we need it in a game like this. Just don't have that player right now.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Utd can get to 4th place somehow if they get their Ws. I don't see Chelsea winning Spurs away.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Leicester drop 2 pts. Liverpool 10 pts ahead of second place now. Would be nice if Arsenal can take something from City tomorrow too.

Reactions: OhCaptainMyCaptain

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
We knew this season would be up and down. We knew this season would be trying.

We don't beat Bournemouth at home. They're a bogey side.

This has been a long few weeks.

The season will be a success if the Blues can at least hold onto their Champions League berth. The added level of competition will help them to continue get their legs under them as time goes on. Like you said, it was gonna be up and down but at the very worst they stand to make a lot of extra money by entering a higher level of Champions competition. That alone is gonna be a big win for them.

Reactions: Santana

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Chelsea have conceded more goals than Arsenal as of now. What is the reason for their high quantity of goals conceded?

Last edited:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Chelsea have conceded more goals than Arsenal as of now. What is the reason for their high quality of goals conceded?
Injuries (I don't think we've played a single game with our two best CBs together), relying on a lot of youth which leads to breakdowns especially on the counter, Kepa isn't good at stopping shots, etc.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
It’s happening this time.
Given that their next actual EPL match will be boxing day vs the Foxes (since West Ham is postponed) there is the question of how Klopp wants to handle his stars given that until then he has Villa in the Football League Cup and the Club World Cup. Win that game vs the Foxes and you're conceivably 13 points a head of 2nd place if you win the game in hand vs West Ham and you're halfway through the season. In my opinion I think Klopp needs to just focus on getting the monkey off Liverpool's back even if he meant what he said about forfeiting a match.

If Salah, VVD etc get hurt over something stupid here and miss lots of time then they put themselves at unnecessary risk. To me it's just not worth it. In whatever fashion it takes, keep the stars off the pitch til boxing day even if it means a forfeiture or losing a game or both

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Given that their next actual EPL match will be boxing day vs the Foxes (since West Ham is postponed) there is the question of how Klopp wants to handle his stars given that until then he has Villa in the Football League Cup and the Club World Cup. Win that game vs the Foxes and you're conceivably 13 points a head of 2nd place if you win the game in hand vs West Ham and you're halfway through the season. In my opinion I think Klopp needs to just focus on getting the monkey off Liverpool's back even if he meant what he said about forfeiting a match.

If Salah, VVD etc get hurt over something stupid here and miss lots of time then they put themselves at unnecessary risk. To me it's just not worth it. In whatever fashion it takes, keep the stars off the pitch til boxing day even if it means a forfeiture or losing a game or both

I don't think they'll get hurt but I pretty much feel that way about the CWC semifinal. Not the final though. We should set out to win that.

The goals for now anyway I think are to win the league, CL, and CWC. The team is in strong position to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad