GWT: PL Matchweek 17

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
At his current level of effort, he is.
Even without effort, he has more talent in his toe than the whole United midfield in their body.
And the result is there : Mourinho lost again today. And his team got completely outplayed.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
8pts back of Arsenal 11pts back of Chelsea 19pts back of Liverpool. What are they waiting to fire this clown?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Even without effort, he has more talent in his toe than the whole United midfield in their body.
And the result is there : Mourinho lost again today. And his team got completely outplayed.

Which is completely wasted when he doesn't bother bringing it out every game. Roy Keane who's at the Sky Sports studio, would have torn him a new one several times were he still in that locker room as an active player.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
They don’t win with Pogba.
Mayben maybe not. But they sure lose without him.

There's no excuse to not use your best player. Mourinho is trying to prove a point, but when you lose, you don't prove anything except your own stupidity.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Eh. Sort of one-sided, so I won't go much into how Utd played.
Lovren and VVD were very good, convincing in what little they had to deal with, Mane was crucial to both goals, and obviously Shaqiri was MOTM for the two (lulzy and deflected) goals.
But, two guys that were absolutely immense for me were Fabinho (especially in the first half) and Robertson.
If I had to pick my personal MOTM, it'd be Robertson.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Which is completely wasted when he doesn't bother bringing it out every game. Roy Keane who's at the Sky Sports studio, would have torn him a new one several times were he still in that locker room as an active player.
Yes.
Roy Keane can say what he wants.
Paul Pogba has a WC ring and was key winning it.
I'm sure he cares a lot about Mourinho and Keane telling him to stay on the bench.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
8pts back of Arsenal 11pts back of Chelsea 19pts back of Liverpool. What are they waiting to fire this clown?

Breaking news: in top level European club football, you just don't fire managers unless there's a suitable replacement available. I know you people have become accustomed to quick firings but these type of clubs are not run like the Oilers of Flyers. You don't just put in an assistant or Ken Hitchcock.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Really?
Would an assistant do worse?

No he wouldn't.
With Blanc, Conte and others on the market, I can't see why United would hesitate one second.

Reactions: maclean

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
It’s not quick firings when he should’ve been sacked months ago.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
What a result. Luck had nothing to do with it...United were throwing themselves in front of every Liverpool attack; eventually the ball goes through when you're hemmed back that much.

Wouldn't trade Robertson for any leftback in the world, nor van Dijk for any CB. Alisson was a little shaky but he'll be fine. Firmino and Mane were in great form.

Also Pogba makes no difference in this game. United are shit and Liverpool would've played them off the pitch regardless, especially in their current form.

Glad Shaqiri got on the end of those chances. He's been quite opportunistic since joining; long may it continue!

YNWA! Get in!

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yes.
Roy Keane can say what he wants.
Paul Pogba has a WC ring and was key winning it.
I'm sure he cares a lot about Mourinho and Keane telling him to stay on the bench.

I don't care how well he played there of if he's the f***ing master of the universe, when he keeps playing like shit right now.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
They hesitate because they have to pay him and a new manager a kings ransom. They also hesitate since Woodward has a scape goat if it falls apart. If they bring in Blanc, and he starts moaning about how half the players are trash the only blame will be on Woodward. If he waits till summer, at least then he can get a window to retool.

I think he should’ve been gone by now, but it is what it is.

Reactions: maclean

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Really?
Would an assistant do worse?

No he wouldn't.
With Blanc, Conte and others on the market, I can't see why United would hesitate one second.

Have you seen the level of experience United's assistant have? Yes, they would.

Hard pass. And how you know if they were even interested?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Fabinho was also class. That midfield of Fab/Gini/Keita is going to be incredible now that Fabinho and Keita seem to be adjusting.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I don't care how well he played there of if he's the ****ing master of the universe, when he keeps playing like **** right now.
AND you still can't see the link between the players playing badly and the coaching... :facepalm:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Have you seen the level of experience United's assistant have? Yes, they would.

Hard pass. And how you know if they were even interested?
Well, duh obviously they're not interested, they think Klopp or Guardiola will beg them to sign them.... :facepalm:
Of course they should be interested. Not sure either coach is, but they should beg them to sign with their team.

And no, no assistant would do worse.
Heck I could coach this team and not do worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad