GWT: PL Matchweek 17

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Spurs have done ok under him, nothing really special, they certainly didn't overachieve.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Spurs have done ok under him, nothing really special, they certainly didn't overachieve.

lol.

They've overachieved massively given their budget.

Every other top 6 club spent more in the most recent summer window that Spurs have in the last decade combined. Hell every single PL squad except Watford, Palace, Newcastle, and Leicester spent more in the summer than Spurs have net in the last decade combined.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
You may not want to hear it, but I would say it’s even money he manages PSG at some point.
Oh I said it in the past. He was loved there in Paris and he loves the club and the city. But maybe in a few years. Right now PSG probably feels they have a better coach.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Oh I said it in the past. He was loved there in Paris and he loves the club and the city. But maybe in a few years. Right now PSG probably feels they have a better coach.
His pedigree, no matter what, is too good for a club like them to overlook.

They also have the resources to where he could spend whatever he wants to win it all.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I still don't see what Firmino has to be considered elite. Very good team player IMO... I guess my scope of elite includes less players.
To be fair, last year and the year prior Firmino was definately more impactful. This year his form has taken a dip. I still rate him a lot because he is not your typical striker that is poaching goals. He creates space for other. He is one of the reason Mane and Salah can score so many goals. He is also more commited defensively than any other striker I've seen. I still think he is underrated outside of Liverpool because of his poor scoring stats but believe me if he gets injured there is no doubt that it would be more devastating for Liverpool than losing a guy like Mane or Salah. He is the glue to the team offense.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Right now no, but if they crash out of the CL I think the rumor mill starts up.
Sure. But it'll take a massive collapse to get rid of Tuchel. His players love him. NAK loves him. Except if they fail against United, this season will be a success.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Sure. But it'll take a massive collapse to get rid of Tuchel. His players love him. NAK loves him. Except if they fail against United, this season will be a success.

Well they have the super sub coming in at the right time :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad