GWT: PL Matchweek 16

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Lol we are actually gonna get relegated aren't we?

I don't think I've seen a team this bad in a long time.

They won't get relegated but now they're in the same position that AC Milan have been in. They bought some good players but none of them really help them win, and they spent a ton of money on flops as well. It takes some years for a team to recover from that.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
They won't get relegated but now they're in the same position that AC Milan have been in. They bought some good players but none of them really help them win, and they spent a ton of money on flops as well. It takes some years for a team to recover from that.
I feel we are 5 years away from being 5 years away TBH.

Also AC Milan were never this bad.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Also rewatching the play I don't see how that wasn't a penalty. Anderson gets there first and Xhaka just trucks through him without any play on the ball. Even if you think it was shoulder to shoulder (didn't look like it) there's no way that wasn't at least careless.

Went back and re-watched it. I think that's a different situation. In this case the defender actually got his foot in front of the attacker and the contact was much more shoulder to shoulder as opposed to against the knee-thigh.

I can definitely see an argument for a pen, but I don't think it's a clear cut case like the one yesterday.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Nice goal from Martinelli though. Not really sure why he was in that much space by himself but the touch and finish were nice.

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Most everyone wants a draw anyways so I am not saddened by that goal.

Sorry Jersey Fresh

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Lol they haven't won literally a SINGLE LEAGUE GAME that Tierney has played in. They have lost or drawn every game he's played against top flight teams except two against Vitoria and Standard Liege.

The fullbacks look poor because the central defense is horrible. Simple as that.

He has started three League games. You can’t draw a conclusion from that.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
We have looked threatening twice in the span of 5 minutes. I consider that to be an accomplishment!

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Pepe has looked pretty dangerous at times this game and that was a really nicely taken goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad