GWT: PL Matchweek 16

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
This Arsenal game should be 5-0

2-0 at minimum. I was not aware that if you are in an offside position & they pass it back to you on their own that you are offside.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Three on the bounce for West Ham with some favorable fixtures coming up. Real good chance to keep pushing up the table. Sucks that Arnautovic is out, though.

Felipe Anderson's goal today was a sublime curler from outside the box and even Snodgrass had a beauty. He, in particular, has been a real workhorse the last couple matches.

Last edited:

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
You’re not. Offside can only be from your own player playing the ball.

Yeah, I know it & you know it, but unfortunately the refs in the Arsenal game didn't know it.

I debated putting "/sarcasm" at the end but thought everyone would get that.

edit: at least everyone that watched the game.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
With Torreira's goal, he has eclipsed Ngolo Kante's career high in goals in a league season.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Are we seeing Salah from last season coming back? His best minutes on the pitch this season after his first goal of the game
No goals in games this season against City Chelsea Spurs Arsenal PSG Napoli and Everton

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
That Laca goal reminded me of Mane's earlier in the season against Arsenal. Both clear goals imo. Oh well atleast Arsenal ended up winning anyway..

Loopy0ne

ugg
Jul 4, 2011
I am no expert in tactics, but, every time I watch Chelsea, it just seems to me that Kante and Jorginho should switch positions....Kante needs to be used defensively

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I am no expert in tactics, but, every time I watch Chelsea, it just seems to me that Kante and Jorginho should switch positions....Kante needs to be used defensively
It's really frustrating, especially since Jorginho is a horrible defensive player. If he were at least mediocre back there, it might work, but it leaves a massive hole defensively to be playing him that way against any decent team.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I genuinely don't remember the last time I screamed at my computer this much watching a match.

Thank god Azpi, Luiz, and Rudiger have been immense.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
One thing that drives me insane about City is the way they use cynical fouls high up the pitch to cover defensively when they lose possession
See Liverpool at PSG.
OM used to do that in the 90s. Deschamps was particularly a genius in that department. Could finish games without card even though he managed to make small fouls in the opposing area to kill any movement.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
One thing that drives me insane about City is the way they use cynical fouls high up the pitch to cover defensively when they lose possession

Sounds smart to me, though I suppose being the opposition I'd be frustrated too. Gone are the days when this forum was all about Mourinho's "art of defending" with Chelsea?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->