GWT: PL Matchweek 14

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I really like Iwobi, but you got to think if Laca had that open shot earlier it would have been 2-0 :p

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Imagine if Son was Neymar... the outcry... He has spent more time down than up this half.

He's been embarrassing, Son. Absolutely disgusting.

But it's not that surprising sees as how Poch said he sees diving and cheating as ways to win games.

Reactions: S E P H

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I'm not good at much in soccer, but the well-placed long ball is one of the things I do well. I feel like maybe high-skill players spend so much time working on high-skill stuff like dekes and juggling that stuff like that isn't flashy enough for them to practise

It’s more that you see them make 30 yard passes to within a foot all the time during the game. Then suddenly try to do the same from the corner and it either stays about a foot off the ground and the near post defender clears it easily or it goes all the way past the box and out for a throw on the other side.

It’s not even that they can’t hit an amazing ball that’s 8-9 feet high zipping across about 10 yards from goal, it’s that they can’t even seem to hit the 18 yard box at all.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Guy Roux was fuming when he saw that. Always had his players practice on it. Said you can't win football game if you aren't able to deliver a good cross/corner/free kick into the box.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Haha I thought Lacazette had bumbled that beauty pass from Ramsey. Then he puts it inch perfect in the corner. Nice.

Edit: actually just saw it deflected off Dier or Lloris would have had it. Lucky!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad