GWT: PL Matchweek 14

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Son has been on the floor more than his feet in the last 10min...

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
I really didn't like the shooshing the crowd celebration, I hope we get some sweet revenge now...

Yeah I don't like that either. Now Premier League has gotten rid of most of the "hooligan" problem so maybe not as much an issue there, but that kind of culture still exist in lots of other countries. In my opinion players have a responsibility to not encourage that type of behavior since most people maybe aren't the most rationale just after conceding a goal or losing. Saw Auba to the same but way more toned down.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yeah I don't like that either. Now Premier League has gotten rid of most of the "hooligan" problem so maybe not as much an issue there, but that kind of culture still exist in lots of other countries. In my opinion players have a responsibility to not encourage that type of behavior since most people maybe aren't the most rationale just after conceding a goal or losing. Saw Auba to the same but way more toned down.

I have no issues from a fan standpoint. If a fan does something stupid becuase of a celebration that’s on them, not the player.

I think it’s a dumb celebration at that time becuase there’s still 2/3 of the game left and you just scored an equalizer. Save shushing the crown for a late winner or for an insurance goal when the other team was pressing for an equalizer.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Both analysts on NBCSports said the PK was the right call.

Really?

The TSN guys said they understand that with the speed in which the challenge happened the ref could have easily seen pen, but that he is payed to make good calls and that one was atrocious.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Spurs do that too often as well. They have Eriksen, use him!

Arsenal doing a short corner when Ozil is out of the side makes sense because they have no one else who can do a good one - same with Chelsea using them when both Willian and Cesc are on the bench. Spurs have the best set piece taker in the league on the field - no excuse!

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Arsenal doing a short corner when Ozil is out of the side makes sense because they have no one else who can do a good one - same with Chelsea using them when both Willian and Cesc are on the bench. Spurs have the best set piece taker in the league on the field - no excuse!

I will never cease to be amazed at how bad professional players can be at taking a corner kick.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I will never cease to be amazed at how bad professional players can be at taking a corner kick.

I'm not good at much in soccer, but the well-placed long ball is one of the things I do well. I feel like maybe high-skill players spend so much time working on high-skill stuff like dekes and juggling that stuff like that isn't flashy enough for them to practise

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad