GWT: PL Matchweek 14

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Not sure if anyone caught the pre-game studio at BT Sports but they showed footage from the Palace game and more or less ripped into the players for lack of effort. They were confused as whether this is an issue of players, management or both. McManamananaman is not kind to the players for condtantly gifting the ball away.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Not sure if anyone caught the pre-game studio at BT Sports but they showed footage from the Palace game and more or less ripped into the players for lack of effort. They were confused as whether this is an issue of players, management or both. McManamananaman is not kind to the players for condtantly gifting the ball away.
You can’t get rid of all the players so bring in a manager that can get the best out of them. Also Pogba has been bad today. Also just as I say that United score.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

It’s clear the players don’t care, it’s also clear Mourinho is completely unqualified to get to them. Unless United think Mourinho is the manager to keep through a 2-3 (minimum) year rebuild there’s no reason to keep him. [spoiler alert: he clearly isn’t to anyone with more than 2 brain cells]

Might as well get the manager who is going to do the rebuild come in and evaluate who’s worth keeping.

The fact that the team is routinely going down and then coming back like today shows that they don’t completely lack talent, they just don’t have the internal motivation and don’t have a manager capable of giving it to them.

Reactions: Gecklund

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
When the players look like they quit it's most likely a case of not playing for the manager.

I mean, it says something about the players too.

Although given this is far from the first time that Mourinho has lost a team, it should be clear it's not just the case of a poor group/leadership setup that's poisoning the team.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
I don't think it's fair to say they've quit.

I think certain individuals perhaps lack in effort and consistency , but they've had too many opportunities to pull a Chelsea on Mourinho , and they haven't done it.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Speaking only on defense, there's several players on this team since Moyes and LVG and they're still out there playing several games just fine and then virtually gift the opposing team a goal or two. I'm not sure if this is something that can be fixed by coaching. When it comes offense, there might be something with mental preparation because pretty much everyone had been guilty of giving away the ball in almost every game. Poor passes and crosses has become the norm since Moyes.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I mean, it says something about the players too.

Although given this is far from the first time that Mourinho has lost a team, it should be clear it's not just the case of a poor group/leadership setup that's poisoning the team.

There’s hardly a player in the world that wouldn’t be exhausted by this clowns bullshit by now. I’m just a fan and I’m beyond exhausted. Gaslighting and bullshit every day of the week.

Reactions: Gecklund

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Ashley Young getting onto anyone for diving is rich haha

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Lemina looked great today. If Southampton go down there will be some heavy interest in picking him up.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Though Arsenal has come a long way since it's early losses, I still find it hard to believe they'll be able to beat another of the top 6. Hoping the home derby advantage has them firing on all cylinders, but still think Tottenham has the edge coming into this

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad