PL Matchweek 11

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I wouldn’t complain about Clyne getting some minutes. Though I don’t think Trent was that bad. He had some trouble dealing with speed and Arsenal was overloading against him.

I know someone will give me grief, but I thought Gini was a passenger, and Milner wasn’t his best despite putting in a shift. I’m not a fan of that midfield three, especially when Gini looks a bit passive and Milner is still coming back from injury. Arsenal won the midfield, which was a bit of a surprise. No Naby Keita has been tougher than many realize I think. He does more offensively than anyone else has the ability to do at this point in the midfield. If the front three are going to struggle or have issues, the midfield has to help, and he’s the only one who really can.

I’m not a major fan of Fabinho without someone who is ready to get into the box, because he’s caught in between two minds and did a lot of neither. If Shaq plays in the midfield, he doesn’t have to get into the box.

Firmino looks gassed, and he’s pressing. Salah is closer to form, but he was trying to create more than score at times today. Holding was good. Either way, it’s telling Liverpool only used one sub. The team is deep, but not in attack. They’re going to buy an attacker or two and clear out some of the trash. I would buy a dynamic attacker in the midfield and another striker.

I think Klopp thought Emery might be a bit more passive, or that one of the two fullbacks wouldn’t play, and I think that changed some of what he wanted to do.

Winning the league is way too hard with City basically unstoppable. The only hope is that KdB is crocked (I don’t really want that as he’s a marvelous player) or Pep gets tired of it soon. With the former, they’ll buy more and the latter might be longer than Klopp. That’s the reality right now.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
There's no point in giving up yet. Liverpool has given up two more goals than City so far this season. Way too early to make any judgments.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Arsenal looked good. Some frustrating Liverpool players today (namely Salah, Firmino and TAA). Take the point and move on.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I don’t completely write it off, but the reality is some teams could get 95 points and end up 8 back. Liverpool could win 31 matches and not get it done.

It’s ok.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I’m assuming you’re not counting United as a good team then.

Not as good as Spurs, no.

To be fair, they really miss Verts. But when you don't bring in capable help in the offseason, you leak goals when you shouldn't.

And for all my talk of saying it may be time to let Hugo move on, he was brilliant yesterday.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Another game where Chelsea is absolutely dominating possession, but just passing the ball around the perimeter with little to show for it. Then they give up a goal on the counter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad