GWT: PL Matchweek 10

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Xhaka cups his ear to the gunners faithful while telling them to f**k off , then tosses his jersey to the ground...
Nice culture you built up there emery.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I wonder what those of you who don't think it's a penalty thought about the penalty Lamela got against VVD some time back

My guess is we're pretty much all biased hypocrites who thought the opposite lol
That was exactly my first thought.

VVV was trying to clear the ball and lamela getting in front of him at the same time and get cought and down. Of yeah and it was way more dramatic like the last minute of the game.

Reactions: Chimaera and Savant

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
The captain was telling the fans to f-off and tossing his kit on the ground....what?
After he was forced to shut down his social profiles and after his pregnant wife was harassed by "fans". Good on him for telling all those clowns to f*** off.

What a sad world we live in when there's morons who think it's ok to pull that crap over a game.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Good performance by United. Some nice link up play between Rashford and Martial. Not far off Cole and Yorke. James' pass and Rashford's first touch for the 2nd goal were great. As were Rashford's backheel and Martial's finish for the 3rd.

McTominay really good apart from the late lapse. Fred much better, deserves a mention as I usually criticise him.

Reactions: Jussi

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Tables didn't really turn. Now that it was given as a penalty then, it's a penalty now.
Got it. You hated the penalty call when it hurt your team then but because that was first you have an excuse for the hypocrisy.

of course, it does go both ways. I said it was probably a penalty. I’d have to see them both again to compare. Rewatching, the major difference to me is that VVD hadn’t established possession.

Last edited:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Got it. You hated the penalty call when it hurt your team then but because that was first you have an excuse for the hypocrisy.

of course, it does go both ways. I said it was probably a penalty. I’d have to see them both again to compare. Rewatching, the major difference to me is that VVD hadn’t established possession.

Not hypocrisy. Personally I think barely anything that is given as a penalty now should be one. But officials have established what penalties should be and now penalties are exactly that.

Reactions: gary69

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Not hypocrisy. Personally I think barely anything that is given as a penalty now should be one. But officials have established what penalties should be and now penalties are exactly that.
I also don't think those situations were really the same at all anyway. One is a full on reckless swing into the back of the leg that takes the player down, one is barely a touch that the other player jumps to the ground himself upon feeling it.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Also, to be clear, Aurier never had control of that ball and Mane had every right to go for it, and shield it. You literally see this all the time on the field, and you are never allowed to hack someone down doing it (and yes, Mane was very clearly going to play the ball).

Personally I think that the keeper should be a bit upset that he didn't even move on that peno...it was very saveable.

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
No excuse for that, especially given that there were only 4 games today so there’s no reason they should have been short officials.
I don’t think PL refs should be the ones making the VAR calls.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad