GWT: PL Matchweek 1

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I mean, he’s extremely gifted, but it might take a bit to settle. His position isn’t even really clear yet. There’s a lot of ability, but it’s possible that it takes a while.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I’ll take your word on it because the video is unavailable for me, and I have no idea about anything in French. I seem to recall there might have been an issue when one was on a brace or a hat trick, but that’s a slightly different situation. But as I said, I’m not sure. Competition between players and pushing each other is good for both of them.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Azpi putting that vicks on.

Vicks really is an item sent from the gods. My nose be like :thumbu:

Reactions: Blender

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I’ll take your word on it because the video is unavailable for me, and I have no idea about anything in French. I seem to recall there might have been an issue when one was on a brace or a hat trick, but that’s a slightly different situation. But as I said, I’m not sure. Competition between players and pushing each other is good for both of them.
Yeah frankly, it's not that big a of a deal (though people here made a big deal when it was Cavani and Neymar), and Klopp giving it to Milner is likely the reason why (other than he's a good shooter).

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Yeah frankly, it's not that big a of a deal (though people here made a big deal when it was Cavani and Neymar), and Klopp giving it to Milner is likely the reason why (other than he's a good shooter).
I made a bigger deal out of the Pogba United one because it looked like there was no clear delineation, but it happens. Not the end of the world, though I know it makes the manager made as hell no matter when it happens. Though I guess you want players willing to step up.

I won’t be shocked at all to see Curtis Jones demand a penalty before long here soon.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I thought our CBs looked good today, but RLC still hasn't found his rhythm in the final 3rd yet. He's going to get pushed out if he doesn't get up to speed soon. He was a beast in 18/19, but not staying healthy has really hurt him.

Reactions: Peen

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Graham Potter is a top coach as he showed once again today, I geniunely think he is among the very best in the Premier League. Brighton are extremely well set up and have some good young talent, they will be a tough team for anyone to play this season. I think they would profit a lot from an Arsenal youngster like Nelson or Smith Rowe on plan to offer a little more drive and creativity that was missing today, but they look a great side and are entertaining to watch with a beautiful brand of football and sexy kits.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Chelsea are awful at defending even against one on ones. You can't get beat that often and I'm not just talking about that kid from Brighton going around Alonso a bunch of times. This game re-affirms my belief that Lampard is over his head mainly when it comes to the defensive side of things and they'll optimistically finish 3rd this season barring a collapse from City/Liverpool.

Reactions: AB13

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Chelsea are awful at defending even against one on ones. You can't get beat that often and I'm not just talking about that kid from Brighton going around Alonso a bunch of times. This game re-affirms my belief that Lampard is over his head mainly when it comes to the defensive side of things and they'll optimistically finish 3rd this season barring a collapse from City/Liverpool.

If Chelsea do not sign Rice, they might miss out on top 4. There defensive organisation is horrendous and they lack stability. Lampard only played very direct attackers today, no one that would attempt to recycle possession, which is a reason behind them having short, predictable attacks. Not entirely surprising considering Lampard was a very direct player himself.

I think this Chelsea team has very large potential, but things can also go very wrong. Lampard has not convinced me as a great tactician, he can’t organise a defence and often gets the balance wrong. Would not surprise me if they do well with the talent they have, but Lampard could also be sacked by Christmas.

Last edited:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Brighton are extremely well set up and have some good young talent, they will be a tough team for anyone to play this season. I think they would profit a lot from an Arsenal youngster like Nelson or Smith Rowe on plan to offer a little more drive and creativity that was missing today, but they look a great side and are entertaining to watch with a beautiful brand of football and sexy kits.
I think a player with more finishing product in the final third is what's needed at the moment. Trossard, Lallana, Mac Allister, Gross, and even Bissouma can create, the problem is putting the ball in the back of the net. An Eddie Nketiah or really any third option striker would be a good add to this team.

Reactions: AB13

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
If Chelsea do not sign Rice, they might miss out on top 4. There defensive organisation is horrendous and they lack stability. Lampard only played very direct attackers today, no one that would attempt to recycle possession, which is a reason behind them having short, predictable attacks. Not entirely surprising considering Lampard was a very direct player himself.

I think this Chelsea team has very large potential, but things can also go very wrong. Lampard has not convinced me as a great tactician, he can’t organise a defence and often gets the balance wrong. Would not surprise me if they do well with the talent they have, but Lampard could also be sacked by Christmas.

I don't think Declan Rice will be the difference maker in terms of defence though they badly need him and need to sell Jorginho (who was okay today tbh). Two world class CBs might help reduce goals along with a competent keeper but they're still gonna play way below the possession numbers they should have if they don't get the entire team to win the ball better. You don't have to gegenpress but every friggin top team wins the ball far quicker and doesn't let these minnow teams have such long spells of possession.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I think a player with more finishing product in the final third is what's needed at the moment. Trossard, Lallana, Mac Allister, Gross, and even Bissouma can create, the problem is putting the ball in the back of the net. An Eddie Nketiah or really any third option striker would be a good add to this team.
Where was he today?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->