GWT: PL Matchday 3

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
That isn't what happened. The defender was going for the ball and David Silva had his foot go under the defender's foot in the same motion as they went for a contested ball. It's completely disingenuous to claim the defender just stomped on his foot.

Noted for future reference.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
If you want a “clear and obvious error” that wasn’t overturned, look back to the United game yesterday when Martial was mauled and no penalty was given.

That was a textbook obstruction foul but for some reason the ref decided that because Martial was dragged down while attempting a shot instead of before it it wasn’t a penalty and VAR decided it wasn’t a clear and obvious mistake.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
If you want a “clear and obvious error” that wasn’t overturned, look back to the United game yesterday when Martial was mauled and no penalty was given.

That was a textbook obstruction foul but for some reason the ref decided that because Martial was dragged down while attempting a shot instead of before it it wasn’t a penalty and VAR decided it wasn’t a clear and obvious mistake.
Although it was a foul, I do think that the initial contact was at the edge of the box and not a penalty.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Uh...what? Maguire is definitely a better defender than David Luiz, having watched both a lot over the last few years. It's night and day at defending, Maguire is vastly superior as David Luiz has never been known for his ability to defend 1v1 or mark guys in the box. David Luiz on the ball is a much better player though, as his passing from the back can be incredible.
I don't believe Maguire is an excellent defender. I've seen him get burned many times over the years. I like Luiz's full package better than him, even if he may be a worse at defending.

Reactions: S E P H

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
In four out of five halves so far the Spurs have been absolutely garbage and extremely boring to watch.

I appreciate the effort from KWP at least (even if he does tend to try doing to much).

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
In four out of five halves so far the Spurs have been absolutely garbage and extremely boring to watch.

I appreciate the effort from KWP at least (even if he does tend to try doing to much).
They'll be fine when Eriksen comes on.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
They'll be fine when Eriksen comes on.

Poch has essentially picked a counter-attacking team to play against a parked bus. Eriksen might be able to break it down but f*** me has Poch made some ludicrous decisions this season already.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Integrating a lot of new parts, while also keeping the old pieces happy isn’t easy.

There’s more to Liverpool not buying players than just not spending. You don’t have to try and work guys in if you buy no one of significance. It’s hard enough with long term injury players coming back

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
That is true, but it sounds like a lousy excuse Poch would make. The tactics are absolutely the largest issue right now.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Luiz was better last season IMO. He played the most out of any Chelsea defender.
As a Chelsea fan who also watched most of Leicester's games, I can't disagree more. Luiz wasn't even Chelsea's best defender, Rudiger was vastly superior. Maguire was also much better than Luiz last season. Luiz was really good with the ball last season with Sarri's system, but that's about it. At defending he was horrendous at times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad