GWT: PL Matchday 3

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Harry Wilson goal of the year so far. Absolutely incredible off of the free kick.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
So the commentary says maybe Ederson was lucky to stay on after a rough challenge at about the 10-15 minute mark.

Will have to rewatch when I get home to see the challenge.
Around the 13 minute mark. He only got a yellow, I don't think it deserved a red because it was all the way out at the sideline so tough to argue that Ederson denied a goal scoring opportunity.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I do, unlike yourself, hence your inability to do nothing but troll. Always amazes me people don't even know the club they say they support.
Ignorance is bliss as they say. You're obviously the expert so please enlighten us. Though I'm not sure you've wasted enough time yet.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Harry Wilson what a hit. He would be really nice to have as an option against bunkering teams especially.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
KDB has become the fastest player in PL history to reach 50 assists.

He hit the mark in 123 appearances, moving ahead of Ozil who did it in 141 games.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
What was borderline there? That's as clear of a penalty as you can get.
It was borderline because David Silva didn't have clean control of the ball, both he and the defender had their legs outstretched reaching for it and the defender stepped on David Silva's foot. For it to be a foul it has to be careless, reckless, or excessive force.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
It was borderline because David Silva didn't have clean control of the ball, both he and the defender had their legs outstretched reaching for it and the defender stepped on David Silva's foot. For it to be a foul it has to be careless, reckless, or excessive force.

That was a clear cut penalty. Silva got to the ball first, had it under control, which he lost because the defender got in with a late challenge. It is absolutely absurd this wasn't a penalty.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
That was a clear cut penalty. Silva got to the ball first, had it under control, which he lost because the defender got in with a late challenge. It is absolutely absurd this wasn't a penalty.
In no way was David Silva in control of the ball, tapping the ball with your toe isn't control. It was a contested ball and wasn't a reckless or careless play.

hhfwoHs.png

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Noted that stomping on a player’s foot isn’t a foul for future reference
That isn't what happened. The defender was going for the ball and David Silva had his foot go under the defender's foot in the same motion as they went for a contested ball. It's completely disingenuous to claim the defender just stomped on his foot.

If David Silva had the ball and the defender went for a tackle and stomped on his foot, that would have been a foul. That isn't what happened here though, hence the no call and why it was overturned by VAR.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->