GWT: PL Matchday 3

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
According to this tracker chances were 21-5 in favour of Liverpool and big chances created were 4-1 in their favour.
059DB3F9-DCB4-45F5-9191-94D42AD0C25B.jpeg

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Clearly define what a "dangerous chance" is, and post statistics from the game that support your claim that Arsenal had more.
He saw it. As he was saying leading up to this game...Liverpool are nothing special (I'm not sure what that makes of Arsenal in his mind, after this result).

Just like AB13 sees that Lacazette is far ahead in almost every facet of the game of Firmino (despite statistics pointing to the opposite).

Specificity aside, it's plain to see for everyone if you just watch the games.

Reactions: Blender

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Which is bull****. Aubas chance when Adrian was lost were as close as it can get. Pepe free is dangerous. Also when he had that shot that went just wide.

Matip was standing in front of the goal when Auba got the ball. That was not a good scoring chance because Auba had to lob the ball slowly towards goal and it would have been cleared. Wise up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Also, mostly on the ball in the opponent’s half, Matip has moments when he looks brilliant. To be fair, those are some of the lowest pressure situations for CBs but still. He’s useful against teams sitting in.

It’s usually playing balls out from the back when he looks most boneheaded.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
He saw it. As he was saying leading up to this game...Liverpool are nothing special (I'm not sure what that makes of Arsenal in his mind, after this result).

He said he couldn't wait to face Adrian, who saved their best scoring chance of the game.

They couldn't breach our supposedly horrible defense and goalkeeper until 85 minutes. Couldn't score on a goalkeeper for 85 minutes when he was training for a sixth division team a month ago.

You hate to see it. Guy probably tore his Tony Adams poster off the wall in the middle of the game.

As I said, I feel bad for the rest, but some people talked way too much garbage and got to watch what they deserved.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Without scrolling back, did United fans feel any type of way about James celebrating his equalizer rather than going and picking the ball out of the net?

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I’m fine with the suggestion that Torreira offers a bit more fight in Arsenal’s midfield. He does. But to act like it would’ve made a difference in the result is absurd. Liverpool’s midfield takes players like him apart. At Anfield?

Look at the results. It’s not pleasant for anyone going there.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I’m fine with the suggestion that Torreira offers a bit more fight in Arsenal’s midfield. He does. But to act like it would’ve made a difference in the result is absurd. Liverpool’s midfield takes players like him apart. At Anfield?

Look at the results. It’s not pleasant for anyone going there.

Last time Torreira played against Liverpool it was pretty much unanimously stated that he got destroyed. I was reading it earlier to figure out why he didn't start. Some players just shouldn't start against certain teams. He's too small to play midfield against Liverpool because they have tons of players who are excellent in the air. Simple as that. There's two teams in a season that a team like Arsenal is forced to park the bus against. He can play against City because they aren't as dominant in the air. He shouldn't play against Liverpool. It's like when Klopp puts Gomez at RB against any team with decent speed. Why the hell do that?

The same logic applies to why Auba and Pepe started against Liverpool. If you're going to beat Liverpool it's with very fast forwards on the counter. It just didn't work, but they did well enough and have nothing to be ashamed of unlike in previous years. Fans who thought they would destroy Liverpool on the other hand have something to be ashamed of.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Arsenal needs a DM, one top-class or even two CB to really think about giving Lpool and City a run for their money.

When will Tierney debut? Torreira should start over Xhaka. Ceballos-Guendouzi-Torreira with Auba-Laca-Pepe upfront in 433.

This game could've gone very different if Pepe had a better finishing night even Auba missed a clear scoring chance when it was 0-0.

We've been saying this since like 2008, so maybe some day.

Reactions: Cassano

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
It's a process.

Forwards to get in CL.

No new contracts to any older players. Possibility of selling for inflated money to buy.

Two years of CL money to buy the rest.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Rewatching some of it, on any other day Firmino has a pair. He was very good.

I think Sokratis didn’t mean to insult Liverpool, but I’m sure Klopp didn’t hesitate to use it.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
In watching some of the recaps, it also seems that Emery also bungled the tactics with that diamond and was way too late to adapt. Klopp is just in another league compared with Emery.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
So don't waste your, and everyone else's, time then.

The only person wasting other people's time here is you. Once again you got in over your head because you couldn't understand what you were reading and instead decided to insult. As pathetic as that was, what made it even more amusing was how obvious the reply you should have made was. None of it is a surprise with your track record though as you seem to be unable to get past your personal insecurities on this forum. Of course I could tell you to stick to the topic at hand, but then we'd be blessed with things like how people should be drafting Alexander-Arnold ahead of Felix, De Ligt, Havertz and Sancho.

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
Norwich needs to be on TV every week.

They are here in Finland. We get every Premier League game, every NHL game, every Bundesliga game and about 7 NFL games a week for just 30 euros a month:thumbu:

Teemu Pukki is pretty close to becoming the Finnish athlete of the year. Lauri Markkanen can't compete with what Teemu is doing right now.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Last comments and then off to sleep.

• Arsenal need their fullbacks healthy. What they put out today isn’t cutting it.
  • How is Lacazette never in any big match? That alone gives me qualms about the manager.
  • If I’m Lacazette, I want to leave
  • Anyone who thinks a solid plan is letting TAA and Robertson have the run of it and putting balls into the box is stupid
  • Trent wasn’t even great today.
  • A little more on Emery, but his ideas that it was a “soft penalty” are beyond crazy.
  • Aubameyang might be skilled, but he can’t hold the ball for crap.
  • I have no idea why Arsenal bought Luiz
  • Ceballos isn’t ready for the pace of Liverpool. Few are, but it’s a big gap between Newcastle and Burnley
  • I like Pepe. He’s got a bucket of skill. But did Arsenal really need another attacker? Couldn’t 80 million buy a defender or three?
  • Between this and the Spurs visit (where they stole a result with a mask and a gun) I think the gap between the top two and the rest is still pretty far off the mark
  • I don’t want to see any more joke Liverpool / Arsenal roster comparisons. I’m not sure if any Arsenal player gets in Liverpool’s 11.
Honestly, in finishing the rewatch of the match (hard to give it true focus with a fantasy football draft party) I see more of why Liverpool didn’t buy anything. They’re not even 3/4ths of what they should be. I realize Klopp is happy with the win, the effort and all that, but they can be much better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad