Liverpool v Everton

Thursday:
2:30 Scheff United v Newcastle
3:15 Arsenal v Brighton

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
3 matches in a row for Liverpool to be on NBC Gold. So dumb.

Just so they can show that mid table scrap with Spurs and United and fawn over Jose for a while.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Just so they can show that mid table scrap with Spurs and United and fawn over Jose for a while.

I mean I'm assuming the tv schedules are made before the season starts. And without hindsight United vs Tottenham that would be the biggest game of the weekend. Even now I mean it would be 1st place vs 17th... Is that really that much better for a neutral?

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008

I caved and bought it just for this stretch. Finding viable streams for the Villa match was that frustrating.

I know it can't be LFCSN but imagine not televising the derby.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I mean, I can find a stream. But I rather not have to do that. I rather get a decent feed, even if that means paying a fair price.

I just don't think the Gold price is justified. I've had buggy issues with it in the past, and I don't want to watch most of the rest of the matches. Even if they charged me 5 for just the Liverpool/Everton matchup, I'd pay that.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I mean, I can find a stream. But I rather not have to do that. I rather get a decent feed, even if that means paying a fair price.

I just don't think the Gold price is justified. I've had buggy issues with it in the past, and I don't want to watch most of the rest of the matches. Even if they charged me 5 for just the Liverpool/Everton matchup, I'd pay that.

They should do it like B/R does for UCL games. Have an option to pay for the whole season or an option for single games.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Never a fun matchweek when Brighton and Arsenal play, the family feud is going to begin.

I honestly don't know what I want out of that game....maybe a draw?

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
jose-mourinho-XI-5730c5ed5b55575e70deeb59a0655b38.jpg

BBC doing this before the Spurs/United game. Thought it was neat -- mine was meant to be a 4-3-3 with Robben up on the right beside Benzema/Ronaldo and Alonso dropping as the holder but for some reason they wouldn't let me pick Robben as one of the forwards so I adjusted the formation accordingly. A lot of elite players to choose from so I went by peak and also tried building a team of players I think would work well together. Modric could easily replace Lampard (maybe should).

Reactions: Cassano

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
BBC doing this before the Spurs/United game. Thought it was neat -- mine was meant to be a 4-3-3 with Robben up on the right beside Benzema/Ronaldo and Alonso dropping as the holder but for some reason they wouldn't let me pick Robben as one of the forwards so I adjusted the formation accordingly. A lot of elite players to choose from so I went by peak and also tried building a team of players I think would work well together. Modric could easily replace Lampard (maybe should).
Cech over Casillas. Jose phased out Casillas at RM while Cech was the best keeper in Europe during his first Chelsea tenure.

Other then that, it's pretty damn good. I'd keep Lampard over Modric too.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Cech over Casillas. Jose phased out Casillas at RM while Cech was the best keeper in Europe during his first Chelsea tenure.

Other then that, it's pretty damn good. I'd keep Lampard over Modric too.

Casillas peaked higher than Cech but Cech had better longevity. If you're making a team based on peak it's definitely Casillas.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
The notion that Modric would be ahead of Lampard in a Mourinho XI when Modric played under Mourinho for one season (and played pretty badly besides one UCL QF against Man United) and Lampard had multiple seasons of being arguably the best midfielder in Europe under him is pretty funny.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Like I said I was going based off peak and as you can see Modric isn’t in the team. Hilarious that.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Casillas peaked higher than Cech but Cech had better longevity. If you're making a team based on peak it's definitely Casillas.
Casillas peak was 2008-10 I think. Before Mou basically.

Cech had batshit crazy 24 cleansheets or something in 2004-05. He was on another level

Reactions: maclean

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Like I said I was going based off peak and as you can see Modric isn’t in the team. Hilarious that.

You literally said that he could, maybe should replace Lampard. And it's stupid to do it based off of all-time career peak given that it's an XI tied to a specific manager - basic logic presumes that it should be based on their performances under that manager.

Not to mention that, if you're going off peak, Carvalho over Terry is a hoot as well.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
You literally said that he could, maybe should replace Lampard. And it's stupid to do it based off of all-time career peak given that it's an XI tied to a specific manager - basic logic presumes that it should be based on their performances under that manager.

Not to mention that, if you're going off peak, Carvalho over Terry is a hoot as well.
Thanks for your input.

Sidenote, I don't care.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Casillas peak was 2008-10 I think. Before Mou basically.

Cech had bat**** crazy 24 cleansheets or something in 2004-05. He was on another level
Yeah that's fair. Like I said going by peak not necessarily under Mou. There are a lot of good players on the list of available players so I mean you could probably make 3 separate top tier teams. Peak de Gea for United was pretty epic when they finished in 2nd as well.

Reactions: Cassano

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->