GWT: PL Matchbox 20

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
The other thing is he has more freedom. Under Mou he was forced into more of a DM than anything else. At least in the first few games he’s been almost a AM.

Also watching these three games, RB is United’s biggest problem that needs to be addressed. RW is still a problem but Lingard has looked good and Alexis should get a few games there.

So what you're saying is he was put in a role where he wouldn't succeed. But somehow is to blame for being inconsistent.

Reactions: Gecklund

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
That easily could have been a red for young. Really stupid challenge.

Even before he was moved to wing back, he had a small case of Scholesitis, meaning good one for one rash/stupid tackle per game. Though in Young's case it's been more a case of one or two stupid tackles per season.

Rahsford gets a goal he deserved.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Coaching is important but a huge part of these new age top teams is just down to man management. A lot of egos and more power in the players hands than ever. Mourinho is far from that and I just don't think he's suited to be a top team manager anymore.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Coaching is important but a huge part of these new age top teams is just down to man management. A lot of egos and more power in the players hands than ever. Mourinho is far from that and I just don't think he's suited to be a top team manager anymore.
That’s exactly why I think Zidane would be fine at United

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
That’s exactly why I think Zidane would be fine at United

If United had a more star studded squad, filled with talent at virtually every position, I'd be fine with him. But they don't. If United are unable to acquire the needed talent, then they need a manager that has tactical eye as well as man management. Zidane has not shown much of the former, if you read the opinions of Real fans when he was there.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
If obviously.

It was more a shot at how quickly people dramatically make declarations. City were the greatest ever, mere months later it’s is Liverpool the greatest ever? Pep taught England the game, and now it’s Klopp!

Oh you're referring to this boards flavour of the month mentality... well yeah that's always been there. Yesterday I read Robertson was the best LB in the world or something along those lines. Pep is what he is and losing this year wouldn't change anything. LFC are a great team with a great manager.

If they don't win Thursday they basically have.

IF and we'll see.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
What was that about United not being able to catch Arsenal?

They hand out trophies January 1st?

No mate, it was already handed out. Just like the award for best midfielder in the league was already given to Torreira apparently.

If obviously.

It was more a shot at how quickly people dramatically make declarations. City were the greatest ever, mere months later it’s is Liverpool the greatest ever? Pep taught England the game, and now it’s Klopp!

I didn't see a lot of declarations of City being the greatest side ever, however they did set the record for most points in a season while at the same time having the biggest margin the latter being in the most competitive league going according to some on this forum.

Man-management is obviously important, but it takes a lot more than that. And I don't see egos or player power being a lot more than it was say five years ago. Agree on Mourinho though, but I wouldn't put that down to just poor man-management or player power.

If United had a more star studded squad, filled with talent at virtually every position, I'd be fine with him. But they don't. If United are unable to acquire the needed talent, then they need a manager that has tactical eye as well as man management. Zidane has not shown much of the former, if you read the opinions of Real fans when he was there.

You should read the opinions of Madridistas here. Either way, not really sure why Zidane or any other manager would be in the minds of supporters right now. I'd be thrilled with Solskjaer based on everything I've seen.

I’m just not trying to get super hyped, we’ve played mediocre teams. Let’s play teams ahead of us in the table and see how we’re really doing.

That's a good approach, but I'd say there is plenty of room for optimism from what I've seen and read. I haven't seen the matches since my life is really busy at the moment, but from the clips I've seen and everything else I would be confident. Solskjaer sounds like he knows what he's doing and the entire team seems to be switch on. The City and Liverpool fixtures would worry me, but apart from those two United can compete with anybody else in the league. They can pull back Arsenal, Chelsea and even Spurs. Solskjaer strikes me as the sort, and rightly so, who will try to compete on all fronts. The key will be getting the rotations right and prioritizing the matches.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
And while I'm at it and in a good mood, let me just say that that dipshit Valverde can piss right off for not giving Deulofeu a fair shot. Perfect opportunity to play him last season and he didn't. Guy wouldn't be a starter, but he put the work in and he's got the talent if he's given a fair shot.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Solskjaer has motivated the players, specifically Pogba, and has given them a bit of guidance in attack. That’s all he had to do to beat the teams they were playing against.

As time goes on he’ll be able to do more in terms of true coaching and we’ll also see how it goes against top-6 opposition.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Leafs fans don't keep harping about their 1967 Stanley Cup win though.
That would be the canadiens. They are both similar fanbase. Although I find it very funny that fans are triggered by liverpool results. Did Salah dive? Yes. Was is a foul? Yes. Both can work you know. That being said anybody claiming that Liverpool are getting refs favors to win have clearly not seen the past +30 games prior. The were many clear fouls on Liverpool that were not called but should have. It seems like everything liverpool related is bigger than it should when it gets their way.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Erh only whining about reffing in this thread was a Pool fan about City even though Mane should have had a red at 0-0.
Pool are getting the needed breaks, refs, bounces, other teams doubting, etc... That's the sign of a winning team.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I managed to avoid seeing the Arsenal score all weekend so I could watch it for real today. Just started the second half and I have the feeling that this is only going to get worse for Arsenal....

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Well that was shambolic. Litchtsteiner was absolute garbage, so was the rest of the defense. This team had that dejected feel that was all too familiar in the prior couple of seasons. I thought they were getting past that but obviously Liverpool was too strong a monster to deal with so we decided to curl up and take the embarrassing result....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->