GWT: PL Matchbox 20

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
If I’m liverpool, I’m loving how ederson is playing for city today. Playing under pressure like that may work against Southampton, but against slash, firmino, and mane, he’s gonna get burned.
I don't think they'll play this openly against Liverpool.

Beautiful goal by Hoj.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
The greatest PL team ever sure looks mortal.

Pep is on his way to 1 title in 3 years. And everyone was ready to rename the league after him.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
If Mark Hughes is still coaching Southampton, this is probably 3 or 4-0. So much credit has to be given to the way Hasenhuttl has changed this team so quickly.

And as I say that, 3-1.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yeah City getting the big team reffing in this one for sure. A few calls already and the one on JWP was very clear.

Reactions: Fred McCarthy

Fred McCarthy

Dec 26, 2018
It me ..Gritty!
...and the floodgates open . Amazing how a dark grey call can dictate a swing of events . I like Southampton , always have and win or lose this game their future looks good

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I don’t understand the Jesus hype at all.

He was stellar his first half-season in England, and so the hype train really got going. I think the hype is pretty much gone by now though, he still has loads and loads of talent but has stagnated. He took a LOT of shit in Brazil for his performance at the World Cup, which I think also probably hurt his confidence a decent amount - people were furious that he kept starting over Firmino, to the extent that apparently Gabriel Jesus trended in Brazil yesterday in response to Firmino's hat trick.

Reactions: kyle evs48

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
He was stellar his first half-season in England, and so the hype train really got going. I think the hype is pretty much gone by now though, he still has loads and loads of talent but has stagnated. He took a LOT of **** in Brazil for his performance at the World Cup, which I think also probably hurt his confidence a decent amount - people were furious that he kept starting over Firmino, to the extent that apparently Gabriel Jesus trended in Brazil yesterday in response to Firmino's hat trick.
Yeah it's crazy sometimes the expectations fans put on players. The stuff they deal with can be really over the top and especially for a young player can have huge impact on their self confidence. Just look at what Lovren went through at Liverpool too.

Jesus never should have started over Firmino but it's not his fault that he did. He's a very talented young player and I'd take him at Liverpool tbh.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I remember reading that Brazil never really warmed up to Firmino because he was developed in Europe, where as they resonated more with Jesus because of his upbringing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->