GWT: PL Match Week 13

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
This isn’t the Glazer’s fault. There are MUCH worse owners than the Glazers

The issue with the Glazers has really been their trust in Woodward and not forcing an actual football person to make football decisions.

They’ve also siphoned a ton of money out of the club, but that’s hardly worth complaining about given that lack of resources is not remotely an issue for United.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
The goals are deserved. They all came in a very dominant spell. Just feel bad for Sheffield, playing so well for so long.

davemess

Apr 9, 2003
Scotland
Not sure United are capable of sitting in and holding this advantage...... their best bet might be to try and get a 4th

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The issue with the Glazers has really been their trust in Woodward and not forcing an actual football person to make football decisions.

They’ve also siphoned a ton of money out of the club, but that’s hardly worth complaining about given that lack of resources is not remotely an issue for United.
Oh I know. But I saw all of this with Hicks & Gillett. I saw Ian Ayre. United has won with the Glazers, and the Glazers have bought whoever the club has asked for and obviously don’t care about the wages. Woodward is the problem, but I’d rather have ownership that at least is active in trying to buy players to make the team better. Glazers spent around £150m on defenders this summer with no major outgoing except Lukaku. A lot of ownership does not do that. FSG doesn’t do that. LFC is still dependent on Net Spend even after winning a Champions League.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Looks shoulder to me, that will be criminal if they take this goal away.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Looks shoulder to me, that will be criminal if they take this goal away.
Flip a coin.

I don’t think they will over turn because it was called goal on the field but you never know.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
That last angle looked very clearly off the arm. But the new rule is stupid so I don’t really care that it stood.
I disagree completely, the reverse angle justified the call they made. There was clearly space between his arm and the ball, it was off his chest/shoulder.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
His sleeve on the upper right arm is loose (from not being compressed by the ball hitting it) and there is space between his arm and the ball. That's shoulder and the side of his chest, not his arm. Would have been a disgrace to take this goal away.

XbDDCan.png

Reactions: Rob

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Sheffield Utd is a really tough team. Did it without their starting keeper (who is probably the best English keeper right now; definitely better than Pickford) and their highest rated defender today. There will be in the mix for a Europa spot if they can stay healthy. Really glad to not have to go back to Bramall Lane this season

Reactions: N o o d l e s

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
United had only 15 mins where they were clearly better and that scored 3 goals during those 15 minutes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad