GWT: PL Gameweek 13

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
That Maddison sending off sequence is hilarious :laugh:

I have not watched the highlights yet, but I didn't think either bookings were that severe. i'll take Leicester going down to 10 men for sure just seemed weak from where I was standing.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Too bad for Chelsea that the game isn’t at Stamford Bridge. They could use the 30 minutes of injury time they’d surely be awarded.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Oh look Grioud came on and they looked better. Shocking.

Jorginho continues to be horrible defensively, he has been all season. Maybe Napoli got away with playing him as the DM, but there is no way he should be playing that role in the EPL with Kante playing further forward.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
It's a different game if the penalty call is given, but that's the way it goes. This loss was overdue and I think it was necessary for this team to grow.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Liverpool will be close to City all season if performances stay similar to that. Watford did absolutely nothing. The way Liverpool has sacrificed some attack for better team defending could lead to the season turning out very well.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I don't think Kovacic adds anything special to this Chelsea team. I feel Chelsea are better off developing RLC, who has the skillset to become a perfect midfielder for their system.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Liverpool will be close to City all season if performances stay similar to that. Watford did absolutely nothing. The way Liverpool has sacrificed some attack for better team defending could lead to the season turning out very well.
Granted, I missed the second half, but that first was certainly not all Liverpool. Both sides had their chances and Watford could have scored without that great save from Alisson.

xalcyx

#murderskate
Mar 8, 2006
Florida
Aurier is having a great game so far. He had a wonderful cross early too.

And... Sissoko is playing well too... :amazed:
The attackers are getting all the post-match congratulations (and rightfully so) but Aurier was immense during that game. He hasn't fully won me over because it's an adventure every time he plays, but he did an exceptional job at both ends..

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yes his match yesterday reminded me of his years under Blanc. He was amazing. Hasn't been the same since his social media outburst (about Blanc ironically).

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
If my memory is correct he has been a couple of times. I just don't know if he started the game as captain or if the band was passed to him later in the game

I do recall it being passed to him, yes, but considering the consensus here about how poor he tends to be for the team, I still have a hard time wrapping my head around it.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I do recall it being passed to him, yes, but considering the consensus here about how poor he tends to be for the team, I still have a hard time wrapping my head around it.

He definitely has an unfortunate history of being mediocre, although I personally think he has been solid this year. Captain materiel? I dunno, but he has shown he may not be a massive bust of a signing and thats a good start.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Bernd Leno has been incredible. Saved us probably 7 points already this season. And to think he was regarded as a lesser Karius on here coming into the season.

Reactions: JayKing and S E P H

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Finally, the real football is back and not that hocus pocus international fluff.

There are bigger dicks in the EPL, but I can't think of anybody on the top of my head who is more reckless and dirty than Fellaini is. Not only is he a ****bag player who's only at the top level because he's tall, but he is the king of flying elbows and sutble tackles. Yesterday should have absolutely been a red card on him, but then he puts on his hairy puppy-dog eyes to get something out of the ref. Pathetic. Not sure how any Man United fan can cheer his name out there on the pitch.

Arsenal and Bournemouth was a brilliant game of football, I was really iffy on the back-five since I thought that Emery was trying not lose the game instead of win it. However, I don't think we would've gotten a draw or no less a win without it. I argue that Iwobi was complete trash today. Sure he had the pass which went towards the GWG, but man he missed like a million passes and his crossing skills are beyond poor. He's had a good season and I am not trying to take away anything because his 1-v-1 ability is quite dangerous, but if he wants to be a high-calibre winger he has to improve his passing traits. Mkhi had a tough game to gauge, his work ethic was apparent, but his lack of final third (which I complained about when he was at BVB) was also apparent. My God Xhaka with another utter disaster of a game from him, I counted at least five glorious chances by Bourne which came off by completely piss-poor passing decisions by him. He does have some quality, but his brain is filled with balloons instead of brains.

I thought the bloke who was MOTM for me was by far Holding. Man he has blossomed under Emery and his mobility with the ability to read the play wrecked Bournemouth's counterattack. Sokratis was also quite good and I got good things to say about Bellerin as well.

City are gonna drop 60m on Felipe Anderson this summer, book it.
There's rumours of them going after de Jong for 90 million Euros.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Sideshow Bob was always a Sideshow Bob. He's terrible from the ridiculous prices teams want to pay for him, him sidestepping the Kane goal was hilarious and proves my point to a tie.
He's not terrible, so that doesn't prove your point. He's a great player when the team has possession, and when Chelsea was playing with 3 centre-backs he was great because it lightened his defensive responsibilities. He could probably still do fine if they were playing a good defensive player as a defensive midfielder who could provide support, but Jorginho is even worse at defending than David Luiz is. He can't handle playing the role they have him in right now, but that doesn't mean he can't be a great player, because he has been before when used correctly. Sarri is stubbornly playing players outside of their best positions just so he can rigidly stick to his system.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
He's not terrible, so that doesn't prove your point. He's a great player when the team has possession, and when Chelsea was playing with 3 centre-backs he was great because it lightened his defensive responsibilities. He could probably still do fine if they were playing a good defensive player as a defensive midfielder who could provide support, but Jorginho is even worse at defending than David Luiz is. He can't handle playing the role they have him in right now, but that doesn't mean he can't be a great player, because he has been before when used correctly. Sarri is stubbornly playing players outside of their best positions just so he can rigidly stick to his system.
I never called him a terrible player, I called him a terrible player at the price range teams keep wanting him for. It's not like this bloke is Andre Santos or Sebastien Squillaci type of terrible because he isn't. He's a terrible player at a world class price, if he went for like 30 million five years ago, I wouldn't complain about him at all.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I never called him a terrible player, I called him a terrible player at the price range teams keep wanting him for. It's not like this bloke is Andre Santos or Sebastien Squillaci type of terrible because he isn't. He's a terrible player at a world class price, if he went for like 30 million five years ago, I wouldn't complain about him at all.
Chelsea bought him in 2016 for £30 million, so they didn't pay a world class price for him either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->