GWT: PL FINALE - Matchweek 38

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
LFC better win the CL. I can't even imagine if they have such a great season, make the CL finals and walk away with nothing. It'd be heartbreaking.

We were always the underdog against City. We're not the underdog June 1st. Only one result is good enough.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
LFC better win the CL. I can't even imagine if they have such a great season, make the CL finals and walk away with nothing. It'd be heartbreaking.

Finished second in the PL with one point behind City, make the UCL final second year in the row, lose to Spurs? That sounds like a very Spursy thing to do.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

Not too mention living in a world where Spurs are CL champs, sounds terrible

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

It would be, but this isn't a one year thing and that's something I think all the supporters are keeping in mind.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Well, I'm on record saying I wanted Liverpool to win. Love Klopp and really respect the program he's built.

No shame in this season, but it's a bit of a gut-punch nonetheless I imagine for supporters.

Don't like City at all, but I respect how they run their club (outside of the FFP cheating). They used their insane wealth the right way and built a juggernaut with arguably the best infrastructure in the world that doesn't look like it's slowing down anytime soon.

The rest of the Prem has its work cut out for them, that's for damn sure.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Well it was a fun year! Just happy to have Brighton back next year. Life is more fun with both them and Arsenal in the top flight

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Finished 2nd in everything. CL runner-up, Pokal runner up, Bundesliga runner up.

Even Germany were runner-up in the WC that year.
Not only that, but they controlled their own destiny in the Bundesliga.

They went from treble to nothing in about a week.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Well, I'm on record saying I wanted Liverpool to win. Love Klopp and really respect the program he's built.

No shame in this season, but it's a bit of a gut-punch nonetheless I imagine for supporters.

Don't like City at all, but I respect how they run their club (outside of the FFP cheating). They used their insane wealth the right way and built a juggernaut with arguably the best infrastructure in the world that doesn't look like it's slowing down anytime soon.

I can admit to being really envious how they managed to rebuild their squad more than once very quickly.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

"I respect them outside of the cheating" is the most soccer thing I've ever read.

Reactions: Il Mediano

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
No argument there.
United fans can stay positive though. Meanwhile in Tampa the Glazers are gonna sit here with their thumbs up their ass preaching patience, hope and a solid nucleus when the only thing we have is a great coach who wouldn't be here if he didn't have cancer force him into temporary retirement.

United will take action and put together a winning vision.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
United fans can stay positive though. Meanwhile in Tampa the Glazers are gonna sit here with their thumbs up their ass preaching patience, hope and a solid nucleus when the only thing we have is a great coach who wouldn't be here if he didn't have cancer force him into temporary retirement.

United will take action and put together a winning vision.

Us fans are not quite assured of that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad