Proposal: PK Subban to Toronto

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Open to trading Nylander but no interest in Subban, especially with that cap hit.

So you are interested in trading Nylander+ but you think you will get a better player than Subban? Talk about over exaggeration on Subban who had a off year playing hurt. Some people will never learn.

Did you know that some people said the same thing towards Muzzin before you acquired him? You made the move to get him at the right time when he was in a off year but you still believed in him. What don't you believe in Subban's game? Yeah, he makes $9M AAV but for good reason.

Habs should of said no to trading Galchenyuk for Domi cause he went through a off year last season :laugh:.

Is the cap hit the only thing you are worried about with Subban? Or are you worried he is just a top 4D now after this past season? Explain

Reactions: jfhabs

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'd rather give subban more value by retaining on him. Maybe like Subban(retain 1.5 million) then his value goes way up. Subban for 7.5 cap hit is a good pick up. So maybe Subban(retain 1.5 million) for nylander Liljegren and a pick or maybe subban to flordia or Vegas. Subban with 7.5 cap hit would make him way more desirable and get a way better piece

Preds would be stupid to trade Subban for cheap cause he had one off year. Don't let HF boards fool you. This guy has value and he is still a top pairing D man. You put him on a more offensive team up front and watch him take off!

There is way more to like in Subban than not to like because he had a off year playing hurt. He's not getting traded for cheap. Forget about it.

If you retain, the value increases substantially

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
As a Habs fan i would absolutely hate this but....I think this would be fantastic for Toronto.

PK clearly has a huge personality - but he's all heart come playoff time. I think PK Subban is exactly the type of player Toronto is missing to bring them to the promised land.

I'm sure if Toronto tries hard enough - they can find a way to fit it under the cap too.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
As a Habs fan i would absolutely hate this but....I think this would be fantastic for Toronto.

PK clearly has a huge personality - but he's all heart come playoff time. I think PK Subban is exactly the type of player Toronto is missing to bring them to the promised land.

I'm sure if Toronto tries hard enough - they can find a way to fit it under the cap too.

Nylander, grade B prospect, and a late 1st is not enough to get Subban but I do agree with you. He would be dynamic with the Leafs and if there is a deal to be negotiated, they should do it. There is a reason why you see Liljegren offered in multiple trades. He is not trending well and not a grade A prospect. He may turn it around but as it stands today, he is not worth what the Leafs would want in value. No different than Fleury with the Habs but we don't call him a grade A asset either.

As a Habs fan as well, I would not like it but I see it like you do. Those Leafs fans that are saying no to Subban are delusional. Worse bandwagon fans in the league and I feel for the real hard core fans who know what they are talking about.

Last edited:
Reactions: triggrman

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
I'd rather give subban more value by retaining on him. Maybe like Subban(retain 1.5 million) then his value goes way up. Subban for 7.5 cap hit is a good pick up. So maybe Subban(retain 1.5 million) for nylander Liljegren and a pick or maybe subban to flordia or Vegas. Subban with 7.5 cap hit would make him way more desirable and get a way better piece
If you retain 1.5m in Subban and trade him for Nylander, you'll be paying Nylander 8.4m per year. 8.4m for a player coming off a 27 point season.

You sure you want to be paying 8.4m for a guy who scored 27 points and cost his team multiple games with his atrocious defence? As a Jets fan, id LOVE if the Preds made this move

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
If you retain 1.5m in Subban and trade him for Nylander, you'll be paying Nylander 8.4m per year. 8.4m for a player coming off a 27 point season.

You sure you want to be paying 8.4m for a guy who scored 27 points and cost his team multiple games with his atrocious defence? As a Jets fan, id LOVE if the Preds made this move
I wouldn't trade him straight up for Nylander.

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Agreed. Preds fans need to re-consider trading Subban for cheap (and retention) cause he had one off year playing hurt. Habs stuck to our guns with Patch's value when everyone said he sucks and doesn't show up in the playoffs. What did the Habs say? Patch needs to play with a real top 2C and look what he did this playoffs. Heck, look at the return the Habs got. Many who though Patch sucked were shocked at the return. Typical HF boards.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro

I'm not trading subban straight up for nylander. I had a pretty good defensive prospect and a 1st or 2nd with it. And that was just an example on what a retain subban could bring back because its on a Toronto thread. If poile would retain some I'm sure Alot of teams would become involved in the trade driving up the offers. I know subban has value and I would love to keep him but we need help on top 6. We need scorers. If a team can lock in on our top line what else do we have. Granlund is a nice player but he has to have better line mates. Trading subban gets you someone to that caliber

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro

Another thing you only retain for 3 more years. And I think nylander is a good player and I believe the hold out is reason for the low point total. Plus hes only 22. He's still developing

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

So if we are just disregarding Nylander's 2 60 point seasons and valuing him strictly on this season...tell me Jets fan, what's 50 point Laine worth?

Want some cool math? Nylander's 27 in 54 pro rates to 41 in 82...just 9 points less than Laine.

This post is coming from a Leafs fan who's no huge fan of Nylander....but posts like yours just reek of bashing with zero knowledge...

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006

What?

You do realize that after July 1, Nylander literally makes 700k this year? he makes minimum wage. He makes 24.7 million dollars for 5 years.
his signing bonuses are 3.5 million

Subban makes 10 million base salary and then 2 more years with 6 million signing bonuses.

Nylander is owed 24.7 over 3
Subban is owed 26 over 3

Regardless of the down year, any budget team would love to take a player who makes 700k next year, with a 7 million hit to get to the floor

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Agreed. Preds fans need to re-consider trading Subban for cheap (and retention) cause he had one off year playing hurt. Habs stuck to our guns with Patch's value when everyone said he sucks and doesn't show up in the playoffs. What did the Habs say? Patch needs to play with a real top 2C and look what he did this playoffs. Heck, look at the return the Habs got. Many who though Patch sucked were shocked at the return. Typical HF boards.
mainly just one Pred fan who thinks all of our players have terrible value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->