Proposal: PK Subban to Toronto

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
would Nashville fans be interested in a Nylander +/+ for Subban deal? What would the pluses be that Nashville would want. I think Subban is the type of DMAN Toronto could use moving forward. Toronto would obviously have to move some money around. If not, understandable. He’s a good defence man.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
would Nashville fans be interested in a Nylander +/+ for Subban deal? What would the pluses be that Nashville would want. I think Subban is the type of DMAN Toronto could use moving forward. Toronto would obviously have to move some money around. If not, understandable. He’s a good defence man.

I'd be happy with a Lucic for Subban swap. We need to get rid of him, Ellis, Turris and our coaching staff ASAP.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I wouldn't want Nylander for Subban. Just me - I've seen other Nashville fans who would go for that. But to me, the Preds are lacking some fire, some pizzazz, some grit and energy, and for all his foibles Subban is a guy who can provide that and still (hopefully - after this season in doubt, but at least maybe) has the upside of a top-10 NHL defender. Nylander is a good player... but kind of vanilla. He's not going to bring any Spark to the Preds. He would fill in some needed second line scoring maybe, but I would feel like there are a variety of ways to go about filling that need. Whereas there aren't too many ways to get what Subban could provide to a team.

Reactions: MalkinsPierogi

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
For Subban he might be, I wouldn't necessarily like it because of the age difference but Subban would solve A LOT

A top pairing defensive D with good offence would solve a lot. Subban is very high risk. Definitely wouldn’t do it for Nylander. Not interested at all knowing he carries a 9 mill price tag. I was a fan of his before. Not really anymore

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
A top pairing defensive D with good offence would solve a lot. Subban is very high risk. Definitely wouldn’t do it for Nylander. Not interested at all knowing he carries a 9 mill price tag. I was a fan of his before. Not really anymore

Thing is most top pair guys are offensive there are exceptions, because there are exceptions to every rule but most top pair guys are offensive D men.

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
I don't want him either at $9 million.
He just had a pretty crappy season for an offensive dman. He just makes too much money

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Nylander is definitely available. I don’t think Dubas will be shopping this summer, but he is by no means untouchable. Especially if the right dman is coming back.

Dubas of all people wouldn't trade him for a guy around 30 years of age though. The only way I could see him being moved was for a similarly aged top pairing D (and those are almost never traded)

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
Dubas of all people wouldn't trade him for a guy around 30 years of age though. The only way I could see him being moved was for a similarly aged top pairing D (and those are almost never traded)
Agreed. I think Nashville will have a very difficult time trading him for what they deem worthy.

Reactions: Menzinger

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Zaitsev (cap offset)
Brown (cap offset)
1st in 2020
1st in 2021
2nd in 2022
prospect or two not named Sandin or Liljegren.

Nashville takes on some offsetting salary and get a bunch of assets in return.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Nylander is definitely available. I don’t think Dubas will be shopping this summer, but he is by no means untouchable. Especially if the right dman is coming back.

Nope. Won't be traded.

You're literally talking about Dubas, the guy who is on record saying the first thing he looks at after games is xG. He knows Nylander's value better than 99% of people on this website and the defenseman that would be available, fit this teams needs, and worth Nylander are 0.

For Subban he might be, I wouldn't necessarily like it because of the age difference but Subban would solve A LOT

He would solve a lot, but not at the expense of Nylander.

He will be dealt somewhere this summer

Nope. As mentioned above, this is Dubas we're talking about. Won't happen, and definitely won't happen when you have an underlying stats darling having a rough points season when a "bounceback" (lol) is so obviously going to happen.

Reactions: Menzinger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad