Value of: PK Subban to the Leafs.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I feel like Subban’s past accomplishments are being underrated. He was adequate with the Predators and could return to form with a change of scenery. Especially since his problem is that he seems unmotivated and disengaged. I’d probably take a flyer on him at 50%. He’s a local guy with big game experience that could prove valuable. Of course, I’m still not willing to give up anything significant so the point is moot.
The problem i see with Subban is that at this point, hockey isn't high on his priority list.

Reactions: Petrus and MichaelJ

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Before we get started I am aware of PK's year in NJ, and I am aware of what he makes but here is the thing, I don't believe we are seeing the real PK in NJ, even in his last year in Nashville he was on pace for 40 points had he played 82 games and yet he had a "down" year.

You then take him and put him on one of the worst teams in hockey and then act surprised when he doesn't produce at his normal.

It's not like he's 36 he's only 30 he's not done.

I think if you take him nd you put him on a team with as much talent as the Leafs have you'd see what PK REALLY has left.

If the Devils are embracing the rbuildd and they appear to be he should be available.
The catch is I don't think any team takes on the whole 9 million.

And yes Leafs CAN fit him in, they have the LTIR space with Ceci on LTIR with no core pieces to sign.

First, I love Subban. Still pissed we traded him. Sure, I like Weber also but Subban was exciting, on a team that was and still is...err...not so exciting.
With that said, assuming Subban is somehow able to get back to the way he played in Montreal (not sure if he can), it STILL doesn't really make sense for Toronto. Toronto doesn't need more offence...their offence is great. Their defence is...well...not so much. They need a defensive defenceman. Sure, unlike what others think, if given the mandate and Subban listens, he actually can be a very good defensive D...but that totally destroys his offensive game and smothers everything that made Subban, well, Subban. And he only played this way for a short while at the beginning when he was still very much restrained. It's just not his game. Sure, if he goes to Toronto, and assuming he gets his play back into what it was before, the Leafs would improve offensively even more...and still get shelled defensively. The Leafs offence, defence balance would be even more skewed towards offence only. I just think Subban is the opposite of what the Leafs need right now.

Reactions: qqaz

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
First, I love Subban. Still pissed we traded him. Sure, I like Weber also but Subban was exciting, on a team that was and still is...err...not so exciting.
With that said, assuming Subban is somehow able to get back to the way he played in Montreal (not sure if he can), it STILL doesn't really make sense for Toronto. Toronto doesn't need more offence...their offence is great. Their defence is...well...not so much. They need a defensive defenceman. Sure, unlike what others think, if given the mandate and Subban listens, he actually can be a very good defensive D...but that totally destroys his offensive game and smothers everything that made Subban, well, Subban. And he only played this way for a short while at the beginning when he was still very much restrained. It's just not his game. Sure, if he goes to Toronto, and assuming he gets his play back into what it was before, the Leafs would improve offensively even more...and still get shelled defensively. The Leafs offence, defence balance would be even more skewed towards offence only. I just think Subban is the opposite of what the Leafs need right now.
Subban could be piece Leafs needs. As he is good in playoffs. Our best player in upset against Boston in '14. One of our best players in '10 run to east finals. Played good in near upset of Boston in '11. Took Bruins to Game 7 overtime. He played well for Nashville year their got to Finals. People still talk of his battles with Crosby.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Subban could be piece Leafs needs. As he is good in playoffs. Our best player in upset against Boston in '14. One of our best players in '10 run to east finals. Played good in near upset of Boston in '11. Took Bruins to Game 7 overtime. He played well for Nashville year their got to Finals. People still talk of his battles with Crosby.

you realize you’re referencing things that are 6 and 10 years ago right?

username checks out

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
you realize you’re referencing things that are 6 and 10 years ago right?

username checks out
Subban only 30, you talk like he is 74. He's not done. Nashville worse team without him even with adding Duchene.

Boston was never the same against us after Subban lambasted Marchand. Lot more tentative. He took them off their game. If Leafs had Subban last 2 playoff series against Bruins you win both.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Subban only 30, you talk like he is 74. He's not done. Nashville worse team without him even with adding Duchene.

Boston was never the same against us after Subban lambasted Marchand. Lot more tentative. He took them off their game. If Leafs had Subban last 2 playoff series against Bruins you win both.
I highly doubt Subban was then, or is now the missing piece.

Easy pass for me.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN

:laugh: That has nothing to do with Subban or Duchene for that matter.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019

Even dubas isnt this dumb !!

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Okay, continue to go out early then. I told you where it was. We upset Boston many times
So our only solution is Subban? He is our anointed savior? Silly to hissy fit because someone doesn't want the player you're pedaling and pretend he's the only option in the Universe.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Subban should not be in any topic relating to the Leafs.

He is not anything we want to have any part of. He can stay in NJ while he becomes Mayor of Vonnland.

Want nothing to do with him, and wouldn't take him for free at the ridiculous contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad