Value of: PK Subban to the Leafs.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Before we get started I am aware of PK's year in NJ, and I am aware of what he makes but here is the thing, I don't believe we are seeing the real PK in NJ, even in his last year in Nashville he was on pace for 40 points had he played 82 games and yet he had a "down" year.

You then take him and put him on one of the worst teams in hockey and then act surprised when he doesn't produce at his normal.

It's not like he's 36 he's only 30 he's not done.

I think if you take him nd you put him on a team with as much talent as the Leafs have you'd see what PK REALLY has left.

If the Devils are embracing the rbuildd and they appear to be he should be available.
The catch is I don't think any team takes on the whole 9 million.

And yes Leafs CAN fit him in, they have the LTIR space with Ceci on LTIR with no core pieces to sign.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Makes 0 sense but I love PK. He'll be a Leaf in the Spezza way or not at all IMO. Let's talk again in 5 or 6 years.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
Starts with NJ retaining 50% and wanting nothing substantial in return.

So unlikely

Wow where do we sign up? Truth is if NJ trades Subban, Simmonds, and Vatanen they’ll have trouble making the cap floor. No need to get rid of Subban as his cap isn’t affecting them negatively at all. Definitely not going to retain on him and get nothing substantial back.

So yes, very unlikely.

Reactions: qqaz

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
I don't see how trading PK away makes any sense for NJD. They have had a brutally dismal season, and are already sellers. But PK is different. They have no reason to ditch him for little-to-no return. But they also can't expect a large return if he's not producing at all.

Their best bet is to see if he turns it around next season. Then they have a guy contributing, and he can either help them try to have a bounceback year or maybe get some value from a PK trade. But selling him now for less than the two 2nds they paid makes no sense.

I'm a Leafs fan, and would love to have PK on the team, but there's issues with that side of the coin, as well. There would have to be retention, and if he is a dud for the next two years then Leafs made a big mistake that could sink some prime years.

No deal to be had.

Reactions: xigon

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
They're not getting anything good back for him right now and the cap doesn't hurt them. I see no reason to trade him. Eat the season and see what happens next year before making a move since nobody is going to bite with actual assets they need.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
NJ should be smart enough to know not to trade PK at his absolute lowest value of his career. They don't have to worry about cap space and are not competing this year so why move a player unless you are going to get something back that would help the team?

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
My mom once told me if you ain’t got nothing nice to say don’t say anything. Flat no to this even at 50% and costing nothing.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Subban for Nylander.

Leafs get rid of Nylander and gain a Norris-winning d-man.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Love the Leafs to so this take a declining player that will disrupt the room, like a expensive slow Trojan Horse

Reactions: mattyboy

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
If you check the Subban trade thread you'll see some hilarious bad takes, like the guy who was laughing at Dubas for missing out on PK because he overpaid Nylander.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Before we get started I am aware of PK's year in NJ, and I am aware of what he makes but here is the thing, I don't believe we are seeing the real PK in NJ, even in his last year in Nashville he was on pace for 40 points had he played 82 games and yet he had a "down" year.

You then take him and put him on one of the worst teams in hockey and then act surprised when he doesn't produce at his normal.

I think if you take him nd you put him on a team with as much talent as the Leafs have you'd see what PK REALLY has left.

If the Devils are embracing the rbuildd and they appear to be he should be available.

And yes Leafs CAN fit him in, they have the LTIR space with Ceci on LTIR with no core pieces to sign.
Absolutely no use . Too much risk. We have that type of D man already. Just dont see him regaining former self. Hard pass from leafs

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Subban only 30 but a lot of hard mileage on his body.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->