Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
So...nothing for Subban

Typical leafs proposal.

Marner

or

Nylander+

not 100% sure op is a leaf fan, no self respecting leaf fan would support both the habs and leafs. Also every leaf fan since has called it a terrible deal yet here is the token "typical leafs proposal" post.

im calling HF bingo

-Debatable leaf fan makes a horrible trade proposal
-Leaf fans after OP shits on post saying its a terrible trade
-Another team fan says "Typical leaf proposal"

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
So...nothing for Subban

Typical leafs proposal.

Marner

or

Nylander+

not 100% sure op is a leaf fan, no self respecting leaf fan would support both the habs and leafs. Also every leaf fan since has called it a terrible deal yet here is the token "typical leafs proposal" post.

im calling HF bingo

-Debatable leaf fan makes a horrible trade proposal
-Leaf fans after OP shits on post saying its a terrible trade
-Another team fan says "Typical leaf proposal

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
I think the Leafs are, as, or perhaps even more likely to try and develop their own as they are to chase down big name defensemen in trades. A stopgap type is probably more practical on the trade/UFA front than most of the ' they need to do it right now' type suggestions found here.

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
Lool another typical leafs proposal.. “Give us your rhd and we’ll give you a collection of meh.” If you don’t want to give up quality then don’t ask for quality, simple as that.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Here's a bunch of secondary pieces at best, give us your superstar.

If you want a guy like Subban, one of your big three Marner, Nylander or Mathews is part of what's going the other way. Nashville is not rebuilding.

Reactions: jayhabsvgk

Paladin2799

Jul 15, 2009
Some combination of Marner/Nylander, Dermott/Lilly and a 1st would need to come back id imagine for NSH to agree. You don't get elite top pairing dmen for things you don't care about trading, the other team has to like what they're getting to lol

Ops proposal is trash, but i'd be happy to work a deal around Nylander+1st+something heavy but i'd like to negotiate around Dermott/Lilly, IMHO thats a bit too heavy of a price. Its just too many bluechips for me. I'd be happy to include Lilly but i'd want the first back then (and obv toronto adds more value to make up the difference).

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
It's no secret that the Leafs are looking to upgrade their Defense. In particular, they need a RHD. Would the Leafs be interested in acquiring PK, and what would it cost them? My base proposal:

To Nashville: Garret Sparks OR Calvin Pickard, Jake Gardiner, Kasperi Kapanen, Sandin OR Dermott, 1st Round pick, moist towelette
To Toronto: PK Subban

My reasoning:

Nashville is deep on Defense and could expend someone in order to improve the team elsewhere. The Leafs need to move a goalie and Nashville could use another strong goaltending prospect to support Rinne.

Jake Gardiner can nearly fill the shoes of PK albeit at a lower cap hit (UFA next year). Kapanen and a prospect can give Nashville even more skill up front.

------------

I'm open to your ideas and modifications. Just trying to gauge what a fair proposal would be.

idea of subban to Toronto actually makes a lot of sense...

your offer is craptastic

some major blockbuster that starts with Matthews or marner and involves other moving parts on both sides might make sense.

would also address the issue of the cap... cant get that many 9-11 million players on one team and hope for success. will be time to send one out if you are bringing a new one in

ill take a shot at a trade proposal

ryan johanson {world class second line center behind Tavares at 8 mill per}
PK Subban {the dynamic first pair puck mover Toronto wants at 9 mill}
first round pick to balance the trade
for
Austin Matthews {I do think hes going to be a top 10 player buts hes already demonstrating problems with demanding to see the coach... unhappy with icetime… unhappy with linemates… now he faces life behind Tavares... its scary}
jake gardiner {might benefit from some time in Nashville with that group there}

Nashville gets its first legitimate superstar forward in franchise history {Forsberg and kariya were past best before date}
Toronto manages their cap while still filling the second line center job and now has a top 4 dman that rounds out the d pretty nicely subban/riley would challenge any duo in nhl for success. hainesy/dermott is a pretty good second pair on paper. and then Zaitsev in the 3rd pair might work too.

Toronto fans will want to skin me alive tor trading Matthews but getting back a number 1 dman, a 1 center that would be overkill in the second spot, and the pick too... I think it is a good deal

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
We pretty much need to add a Nylander or Marner to that deal to make it fair. What a mind-bogglingly awful proposal. Hilarious to read the OP - who masquerades as an “insider”, for the HABS, no less - intermittently defending it and saying, “It’s just a base...”

:biglaugh:

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
The only way subban gets traded to the leafs is if marner+, or Mathews is going the other way. I doubt Toronto is willing to give them up though. Which is understandable. Unless of course Toronto wants to give up their first round picks for the next 12 years. Nashville might consider it then.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
I
To Nashville: Garret Sparks OR Calvin Pickard, Jake Gardiner, Kasperi Kapanen, Sandin OR Dermott, 1st Round pick, moist towelette
To Toronto: PK Subban

I'm open to your ideas and modifications. Just trying to gauge what a fair proposal would be.

The only way this works is if you replace Kapanen with Marner.

There is definitely a theme with most of these Leafs proposals... we want your 1st pairing D here take these wannabe's and maybes in return.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Jake Gardiner can nearly fill the shoes of PK albeit at a lower cap hit (UFA next year).

giphy.gif

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The only way subban gets traded to the leafs is if marner+, or Mathews is going the other way. I doubt Toronto is willing to give them up though. Which is understandable. Unless of course Toronto wants to give up their first round picks for the next 12 years. Nashville might consider it then.

How about Marner and Matthews for Subban?

connormcmuffin

Feb 17, 2018
Do the Leafs need a massive contract that rushes the puck 2100+ times a season for someone to outlet pass and/or cross ice down the middle pass (Liljegren) to their league best forwards?

I'll pass on Subban.

gach

Aug 2, 2018
As great as Rinne is, he is 35 and also needs to be re-signed. If somehow he isn't back after next year, Sparks or Pickard would be some insurance. I would understand if Nashville wasn't interested in my proposal, which is why I asked others to figure out something fair.
Subban is Nashvilles first or second best player so they would want Torontos first or second best player...in other words nether team would make this trade.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Yea, this is a quality for quantity type of proposal. It is what it is.
It’s not even that. It’s an absolute wing and a prayer for Nashville.

It’s basically the worst imaginable downgrade (Subban not enough available > Gardiner) and a bunch of pieces that do very little to replace what Nashville is losing. [Seriously Sparks OR Pickard, certainly couldn’t offer both when in reality Nashville wants neither] I wonder why I don’t see Leafs fans making proposals where they give up the better player for a bunch of mediocre futures?

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Nashville benefits by receiving a first round pick and a high end prospect. Then, they get a capable goaltender as insurance. That goalie can back up Saros for all I care, or whoever replaces Rinne when/if he leaves. But Sparks and Pickard will both be NHL goaltenders someday.

Jake is just there to give Nashville a decent Dman in return, since they lost PK. He plays a similar style but is in no way better than PK. Relax.

Nashville also get a skilled forward in Kapanen.

Your offer is extremely bad and you defending it makes it even worse. If you want one of their best players then start with one of your best players. Get real.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Nashville benefits by receiving a first round pick and a high end prospect. Then, they get a capable goaltender as insurance. That goalie can back up Saros for all I care, or whoever replaces Rinne when/if he leaves. But Sparks and Pickard will both be NHL goaltenders someday.

Jake is just there to give Nashville a decent Dman in return, since they lost PK. He plays a similar style but is in no way better than PK. Relax.

Nashville also get a skilled forward in Kapanen.

Duplicate

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
You offer four middling players and a pick for a superstar. This will never do, OP.

You need to add a fifth middling player. That will get Nashville's attention. Right?

My own view is that Toronto management and the fan base is not ready to listen to the kind of talk that lays out what their deficiencies on defense are going to cost them to address. Not right now.

Another first-round ouster, and they might be more receptive to dealing from their core to get the balance that they need, but not today. The reality is that the ceiling for this team is a loss in the second round to Tampa.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
So... you decide that you're going to go to a team whose offense is built entirely on large amounts of depth, and offer a heaping pile of lower-quality "depth" for one of the best players they have?

I suspect Leafs fans would prefer you not do any further negotiations on their behalf.

Reactions: Armourboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad