Proposal: PK Subban to the Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsInsider

Buy XRP.
Mar 2, 2013
Who's the quality prospect?

Dude, this is horrible. Like, really, really bad. It's laughable. Sparks and Pickard are waiver fodder, they aren't pieces in a super star trade. You can't be serious with this.

Gardiner is a defensive liability and one year away from UFA status. You think he's going to be a major piece in a blockbuster trade?

This trade is clueless, the fact that you are defending it is mind boggling. People joke about EA Sports level deals... I don't even think this would go through there.

First round pick + high end prospect (such as Sandin or Dermott) + 1 of 2 goalies with a lot of potential and some proven success + another skilled prospect in Kapanen (needs a better opportunity/Leafs are too deep at F) + Gardiner as a throw-in to soften the loss of PK

Maybe that is still not good enough for Nashville but it is far from the doom and gloom you are projecting. It's a base proposal and I asked for the input of others.

sansabri

a sea of troubles eh
Aug 12, 2005
First round pick + high end prospect (such as Sandin or Dermott) + 1 of 2 goalies with a lot of potential and some proven success + another skilled prospect in Kapanen (needs a better opportunity/Leafs are too deep at F) + Gardiner as a throw-in to soften the loss of PK

Maybe that is still not good enough for Nashville but it is far from the doom and gloom you are projecting. It's a base proposal and I asked for the input of others.

Unless PK asked to be specifically traded to the Leafs, that offer doesn't land an elite d-man. Hell, it wouldn't get them Weber.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario

Dude, it's awful. You have to stop.

Reactions: AdmiralsFan24

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Great... another terrible proposal by Someone who’s not even a real leafs fan that makes the rest of us look bad. Awesome.
Two quarters and a handful of dimes for a dollar, not gonna happen with a guy like PK, Lock er up

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
Nashville benefits by receiving a first round pick and a high end prospect. Then, they get a capable goaltender as insurance. That goalie can back up Saros for all I care, or whoever replaces Rinne when/if he leaves. But Sparks and Pickard will both be NHL goaltenders someday.

this makes even less sense so trade PK for two prospects who might turn out to be NHL goaltenders someday?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Hey another thread where contending teams should give the leafs their top (usually right handed) pairing d man for a compilation of underwhelming assets, eliminating their own window. But, they get to officially open the Leafs', so I guess that should be sufficient enough reason to so it.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Hall of Shame.

Pickard and Sparks have no value. Both waiver ineligible

Last edited:

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
It's no secret that the Leafs are looking to upgrade their Defense. In particular, they need a RHD. Would the Leafs be interested in acquiring PK, and what would it cost them? My base proposal:

To Nashville: Garret Sparks OR Calvin Pickard, Jake Gardiner, Kasperi Kapanen, Sandin OR Dermott, 1st Round pick, moist towelette
To Toronto: PK Subban

My reasoning:

Nashville is deep on Defense and could expend someone in order to improve the team elsewhere. The Leafs need to move a goalie and Nashville could use another strong goaltending prospect to support Rinne.

Jake Gardiner can nearly fill the shoes of PK albeit at a lower cap hit (UFA next year). Kapanen and a prospect can give Nashville even more skill up front.

------------

I'm open to your ideas and modifications. Just trying to gauge what a fair proposal would be.

Sorry, Jake Gardiner cannot "nearly fill the shoes of PK". The Leafs would have to probably offer Marner to get them to talk about it.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
You're proposing trading Subban for goalie prospects and as a bonus Nashville would further help the leafs by freeing up the trash off the roster at the same time

I feel like the habsinsider username is misleading can you switch it to leafsinsider

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Some combination of Marner/Nylander, Dermott/Lilly and a 1st would need to come back id imagine for NSH to agree. You don't get elite top pairing dmen for things you don't care about trading, the other team has to like what they're getting to lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->