Proposal: PK Subban to the Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsInsider

Buy XRP.
Mar 2, 2013
It's no secret that the Leafs are looking to upgrade their Defense. In particular, they need a RHD. Would the Leafs be interested in acquiring PK, and what would it cost them? My base proposal:

To Nashville: Garret Sparks OR Calvin Pickard, Jake Gardiner, Kasperi Kapanen, Sandin OR Dermott, 1st Round pick, moist towelette
To Toronto: PK Subban

My reasoning:

Nashville is deep on Defense and could expend someone in order to improve the team elsewhere. The Leafs need to move a goalie and Nashville could use another strong goaltending prospect to support Rinne.

Jake Gardiner can nearly fill the shoes of PK albeit at a lower cap hit (UFA next year). Kapanen and a prospect can give Nashville even more skill up front.

------------

I'm open to your ideas and modifications. Just trying to gauge what a fair proposal would be.

Last edited:

Sherwood71

Jul 18, 2016
This is awful for Nashville. Toronto would be getting a top defenseman in the league for a bunch of good, not great pieces. Also, Nashville is very high on Saros. Not really sure they need either goaltender offered. Did you realistically look at this from Nashville's POV?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Kapanen and Gardiner are not ****. Both a quality players.

But yeah, no way they get you Subban.

Kapanen isn't a quality asset in star player trade proposals.

HabsInsider

Buy XRP.
Mar 2, 2013
This is awful for Nashville. Toronto would be getting a top defenseman in the league for a bunch of good, not great pieces. Also, Nashville is very high on Saros. Not really sure they need either goaltender offered. Did you realistically look at this from Nashville's POV?

As great as Rinne is, he is 35 and also needs to be re-signed. If somehow he isn't back after next year, Sparks or Pickard would be some insurance. I would understand if Nashville wasn't interested in my proposal, which is why I asked others to figure out something fair.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
1st: This is essentially Leivo, Carrick, 2nd but with some minor upgrades.
2nd: Kasperi Kapanen is not the centerpiece of any trade with any franchise player. He already played that role once 3 years ago, and since then he has 10 NHL points.

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
Lol, if Liljegren, Sandin, or Dermott aren’t even in this I can’t take it seriously. That’s a horrible return for Subban, literately nothing in that deal compares to what he brings to Nashville, both on and off the ice.

HabsInsider

Buy XRP.
Mar 2, 2013
Come on, is this all some kind of joke?

So they replace Subban with Gardiner and Rinne with Sparks.

Perfect.

Nashville benefits by receiving a first round pick and a high end prospect. Then, they get a capable goaltender as insurance. That goalie can back up Saros for all I care, or whoever replaces Rinne when/if he leaves. But Sparks and Pickard will both be NHL goaltenders someday.

Jake is just there to give Nashville a decent Dman in return, since they lost PK. He plays a similar style but is in no way better than PK. Relax.

Nashville also get a skilled forward in Kapanen.

HabsInsider

Buy XRP.
Mar 2, 2013
Come on, is this all some kind of joke?

So they replace Subban with Gardiner and Rinne with Sparks.

Perfect.

Nashville benefits by receiving a first round pick and a high end prospect. Then, they get a capable goaltender as insurance. That goalie can back up Saros for all I care, or whoever replaces Rinne when/if he leaves. But Sparks and Pickard will both be NHL goaltenders someday.

Jake is just there to give Nashville a decent Dman in return, since they lost PK. He plays a similar style but is in no way better than PK. Relax.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario

Nashville also get a skilled forward in Kapanen and a potential bottom 6er in Leivo.

Who's the quality prospect?

Dude, this is horrible. Like, really, really bad. It's laughable. Sparks and Pickard are waiver fodder, they aren't pieces in a super star trade. You can't be serious with this.

Gardiner is a defensive liability and one year away from UFA status. You think he's going to be a major piece in a blockbuster trade?

This trade is clueless, the fact that you are defending it is mind boggling. People joke about EA Sports level deals... I don't even think this would go through there.

Reactions: tgo0 and 99664987

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto

It’s all still awful for nashville.

HabsInsider

Buy XRP.
Mar 2, 2013
Lol, if Liljegren, Sandin, or Dermott aren’t even in this I can’t take it seriously. That’s a horrible return for Subban, literately nothing in that deal compares to what he brings to Nashville, both on and off the ice.

I would be okay with Sandin or Dermott substituted for the prospect, or added on if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad